$170
Hampton.com
$80
New Paltz Hostel(New Paltz)(Great Value!)
$68
Econo Lodge(New Paltz)
$76
TripAdvisor
$111
$84
$209
2,210 results
All reviewsrocking chairsice skatingvictorian roomovernight gueststhree meals a daykids clubsmiley familyhiking trailsspa treatmentsindoor poolworking fireplacebuffet stylelemon squeezetennis courtsvisited mohonkcarriage loungepaddle boats
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Awesome resort not far from NYC with great food and lots of hiking trails. Staff is very friendly and accommodating. Wonderful for couples, families and reunions. My sister and I wanted a convenient getaway in a relaxing atmosphere, yet with lots of activities should we want them. Mohonk Mountain Resort was perfect!!

Room Tip: rooms on the upper floors with views of the lake are best!
  • Stayed: July 2018, traveled with friends
1  Thank krichards1201
Reviewed 5 weeks ago

Been there and Stayed there a few times...... Its really a beautiful place.... more for couples than for the whole family (my opinion)....... Nice trails for walk..... just simply beautiful...... but since it became a landmark it became way to expensive and the price does not justify the place.

Stayed: August 2017
2  Thank Piconator1972
Reviewed July 16, 2018

The rooms are nice but old. There are no TV's and no coffee in the rooms, so you have to dress and go downstairs. The rooms are $750 up to $2,000 which does include meals and activities. For that price it would be nice to have coffee to sit on the porch, which they all have. We were there for a July 1st wedding of my niece. On arrival it was a mess checking in. Baggage attendants were running everywhere. No one to open the doors for those with baggage. I honestly think it was the first day for all the employees. The wedding was outdoors which was a disaster for all. It was unseasonally hot 102. My sister even tried to buy a tent for the wedding which they wouldn't allow or even offer something else. The wedding coordinator was anything but helpful(this is there main busines) She was snippy they forgot the a box of umbrellas and chocolates for after the wedding. The heat was so bad the hallways and other rooms ie. resaturant were so hot, however the rooms for sleeping were cool.
It is a lovely place, but have no customer service skills. I come from customer service with an airlineand that service would not be acceptable.

Room Tip: All that I saw looked good just alot of children running and screaming in the halls
  • Stayed: July 2018, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 15, 2018

Mohonk is a good family retreat with meals and most activities included in the high price. There are so many hiking trails with varying levels of difficulty as well as kayaking, rowing, etc. that you can enjoy splurging guilt-free on the buffet. While not top-notch food, decent selection and quality for a buffet. Rooms are rustic and basic. While I understand the intent is to break from technology, it would be nice to have a TV in the room to wind down in the evening. I would not characterize this as a 5-Star resort, though you can be fooled by the price, but a nice active resort. I miss the hiking trails, but would not stay again due to the price.

• Stayed: June 2018, traveled solo
1  Thank GB2016a
Reviewed July 15, 2018 via mobile

Truthfully, I was anxious to come here after reading all the negative reviews. I’m happy to let you know that my family and I had an amazing long weekend at the hotel. Beautiful property, clean rooms, tasty food and great service. Big thanks to the dedicated kids club staff who spent hours with our 3 year old. My son didn’t want to leave and enjoyed spending time with Aaron feeding fishes in the lake. Thank you to the Ronaldino in the main dining hall for all his attentiveness. We personally preferred dining hall rather than Granary. The pool was very clean and warm. I didn’t use the spa, so I can’t comment on that. This is a place for people who enjoy hiking, admiring the nature and don’t mind spending weekend with lots of kids. Yes, it is expensive, but it is worth it. My husband and I spent hours hiking while our kid played in the club. There is so much land and so many activities that 3 days is simply not enough. Rooms are small but very clean and food is very tasty. Evening music and entertainment is great. We enjoyed fire and s’mores with music by the lake.

Thank you, Mohonk Mountain. We can’t wait to come back!

Stayed: July 2018, traveled with family