2,267 results
All reviews rocking chairs ice skating victorian room overnight guests kids club three meals a day smiley family hiking trails indoor pool working fireplace spa treatments buffet style lemon squeeze tennis courts carriage lounge visited mohonk paddle boats
Reviewed October 12, 2016

We spent three days in this beautiful Victorian gem. As per its era the rooms were small but charming. We had a room overlooking the lake but either the mountain or Lakeview rooms are well worth the price. The food was excellent and the grounds left us speechless. We hiked many of the trails and most of them were clearly marked and easy to follow. The views were fantastic and the staff and service were excellent. It was a perfect way to mark a special anniversary.

Stayed: September 2016
Reviewed October 12, 2016

The place is unbelievable: an old-timey grand hotel amidst gazillions of unspoiled acres of natural beauty and peace, with EXCELLENT organized activities (boating, nature walks, the BEST indoor swimming pool EVER). Really gracious staff. But the room smelt musty, and there was dust on surfaces. Food (included in the high price) was ok, not outstanding. Someone needs to tell the chef that salt is not the only spice available.

• Stayed: September 2016, traveled with family
1  Thank MajorNYC
Reviewed October 10, 2016

I introduced a friend to Mohonk during two days at the end of September. It was, and is, the ideal place to renew our friendship, explore the Hudson River School Art Trail on the property, and enjoy the peace and comfort of the Mohonk Mountain House. There is so much to do, and nooks and crannies to explore -- outdoors and indoors -- that two days isn't enough. i love the hiking and biking trails; the iconic vistas of the Shawangunks, and the opportunities to learn about the natural world that surrounds you. But, if that is not your bag, there is so much more: the first-class spa; the reading library; the evening programs. I have also gone up to Mohonk alone, and I never feel swamped or lonely. It is a great place for restoring and enjoying.

Room Tip: Lakeside rooms with balconies are my first choice. Mountain views do look over vehicular traffic of coming and going guests.
  • Stayed: September 2016, traveled with friends
1  Thank curious65
Reviewed October 6, 2016

Every time I open my wallet to hand over what feels like my life savings, I tell myself that this is absolutely the last time I'm going to Mohonk. But yet, I keep going! In these 20+ years that I've been coming to the resort, I never tire of the charm of the buildings and guest rooms, the awe-inspiring views, and the friendliness of the staff. The greatest improvement over the years is the quality of the food. It has sky-rocketed in flavor, preparation, and presentation ---rivaling some of the best Philadelphia restaurants. I really can't recommend this resort enough. There is something for everyone here.

• Stayed: October 2016, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Anne D
Reviewed October 6, 2016

Mohonk Mountain House is a classic spot! Even the drive up is memorable. Mountainside setting with stunning vistas. The food is great,staff are wonderful, and there is plenty to do. We mountain biked,hiked, went rowing,played golf looked at their beautiful gardens and toured their historic barn. We were lucky to get a tour of their new six room lodge. I highly recommend the place. Beautiful

Room Tip: Sixth floor rooms looking toward the mountains are awesome!
  • Stayed: September 2016, traveled as a couple