This year's girls spa weekend getaway was at Mohonk Mountain House. Upon arriving we were in awe of the beauty and architecture of the property. It felt as if I was part of a Harry Potter movie and visiting Hogwarts. It felt magical. The property surrounding the resort is spectacular. There are a number of trails to hike and the lake is serene. The dining service was great! Our waiter, Patrick, was so funny and friendly. The food was excellent too.
However, I was a bit disappointed with the inside of the hotel. It felt a bit dated and the various common rooms including the parlor were cold and empty. There were no fires burning in the fireplaces. The spa itself was just okay. Although the facilities were nice, it lacked the small touches such as ice cold towels for the sauna, lemon water, cookies/ fruit. In addition, we didn't even have the chance to use the mineral pool since a group of 6 young men monopolized in for 2 hours. It was so small that it couldn't accommodate others unless they left. Honestly, I don't understand how the spa received a top 10 Best Spa by Conde Nast. For the price, I would have expected more.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A hotel, built in the 1860's and filled with charm...ideal for families in summer. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets and Orbitz so you can book your Mohonk Mountain House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mohonk House
- Mohonk Mountain Hotel
- Mohonk New Paltz
- Mohawk Mountain House
- Mohonk Mountain House New Paltz Ny
- Mohonk Mountain House New Paltz New York
- Mohonk Mountain New Paltz
- New Paltz Mohonk Mountain House Resort
- Mohonk Hotel New York