We drove up to Hike. We purchased a daypass to the grounds for 25 dollars and parked in the lot. A shuttle picks you up from the entrance and drives you approximately 2-1/2 miles in and drops you off at the ice cream shoppe. From there, where you go is your choice.
We hiked 5 different trails and only covered a portion of the grounds. Paths vary from easy to rugged and difficult. Lots of wildlife, flowers and scenic overlooks to admire. Boat rental is an option.
Lots of people on the grounds - including a wedding - but not crowded. Nice place to relax and picnic
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A hotel, built in the 1860's and filled with charm...ideal for families in summer. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Mohonk Mountain House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mohonk House
- Mohonk Mountain Hotel
- Mohonk New Paltz
- Mohawk Mountain House
- Mohonk Mountain House New Paltz Ny
- Mohonk Mountain House New Paltz New York
- Mohonk Mountain New Paltz
- New Paltz Mohonk Mountain House Resort
- Mohonk Hotel New York