“Alot better than it used...”
Review of Barnaby's Restaurant - CLOSED

Barnaby's Restaurant
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed October 22, 2008

Alot better than it used to be. Good selection of food, nice atmosphere. Good Happy Hour.

1  Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook

Reviewed October 14, 2008

I stopped here again for dinner, and I am suprised that this great place is not rated higher. I admit I have not been to the top 3 yet, but eventually I will get there. The food here is great, I think the value is even better.

It is a little out of the way since most of the top of this list is on Main St, but I am just at a lost as to why Barnabys is not closer to the top of the list here.

Sorry to bore anyone, with one of my children going to school in town I am sure eventually I will branch out and try a few other places.

Reviewed October 4, 2008

This is the second-best food in the town of New Paltz, where I have spent considerable time! Barnaby's used to be an old opera house, and it has great character. Sometimes the downstairs can be a little chilly, but the upstairs is warm and inviting (although, on a crowded night, sometimes a little noisy).

The waitstaff is polished and professional, the food is delicious- savory salmon, a great wine list, and the desserts are equally good.

I highly recommend Barnaby's!

Reviewed August 27, 2008

I took my husband to this Restaurant for his birthday. We sat down thinking it would be a great dinner. However we were wrong. The waitress took forever to get our first round of drinks. The table who sat after us got served dinner before we got those drinks. Then dinner comes after waiting an hour"yes an hour" and the plate was filled with all rice and 3 tiny little pieces of beef. My husband was very dissapointed as I was my self. They also overcooked my dinner as well. I asked to speak with the manager on duty and was informed by the hostess/bartender that there was no manager working at all. But she did offer to hear what I had to say and said she would take care of it. I asked her to step away from the bar because I thought it was not professional to let the other customers here my complaint. I tell her what was wrong and she right away said she would comp our drinks and provide us with desert on the house. But this was on one condition. That was that we had to come back again on another night . I said I was happy with that and we would come back for brunch on Sunday. So I gave her my credit card thinking she was making the adjustments while she send the waitress back over to get our desert order. Well it took another 45 minutes for her to get our desert and the new check. When the waitress hands us the check she says that the hostess decided not to take the amount off that she had originally stated. They charged my card more then what was agreed upon. Management will not deal with this problem and have decided to hang up on a assemblymans office when called to talk about it,
They ruined my husband's birthday.
So please think twice before going to Barnaby's in New Paltz NY

Reviewed June 11, 2008

Horible Service, Rude Wait Staff, Charges a 20% gratuity for parties with CHILDREN, thats right a 3 and 4 year old counts as an adult, took over a hour for the food, WOULD NOT RECOMMEND, extremely bad experience, not once but 2 times, thought is was a fluke the first time, but I was wrong

1  Thank elmo1974