“Good food...service lacking”

Ranked #31 of 100 Restaurants in New Paltz
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed August 24, 2011

We stopped in here for dinner around 6:30PM, sitting out on the patio. Service was extremely slow and lacking, but when the food came, it was wonderful. So...if you're not in a hurry and in the mood for good Italian food, try La Stazione. The veal and pasta dishes were excellent.

There are newer reviews for La Stazione

Reviewed June 22, 2011

Service speed definitely needs to be improved. The waiter was pleasant but not around ver often. The good news is that the food was great, despite taking almost two hors to eat lunch. Would recommend it only if you have lots of time to spare

Reviewed January 12, 2011

I took my mom to lunch and was ignored by our waiter (old) as we entered. We weren't even acknowledged with a hello. Our food was a surprise. There were only about 7 raviolis on the plate. We also ordered a chicken "panini" which I assumed would be a hot sandwich. It was very cold and small! The waiter never asked how our meals were. He didn't refill our coffee. Our departure took a very long time as we waited for the bill and for him to take our payment. The atmosphere is beautiful. I felt ripped off! I may call to verbally complain.

2  Thank honestdeb67
Reviewed December 31, 2010

Is is not up tp pa;r the food has gone downhill along with the service.

3  Thank junec51
Reviewed October 20, 2010

This place was worth the try. For Sure! Especially that they have a special on Tuesday when I was there: 10.95 pasta dishes with garlic knot and a salad. There was so many options for pasta dishes! Appetizer:
Steamed clams good!
Salad was good, but only had some onions as topping, not tomatoes, no olives, no carrots
Fried Calamari with red sauce topped with Gorgonzola Cheese.. This was good but I wish I would have asked for calamari to be cooked a little well done, I rather it more crispy.
Dinner: Rigatoni and meat sauce was so good and my friend had penne with chicken mushrooms and pink sauce - this was good as well!
Couldn't fit dessert. Staff was friendly.

1  Thank SoloSpaGirl