“Excellent Artichoke Appetizer”

Gadaleto's Seafood Market & Restaurant
Ranked #7 of 100 Restaurants in New Paltz
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Featuring the largest selection of Wild Caught and Sustainably Farmed seafood in the Hudson Valley. We have an extensive retail fish market as well as a full service, family friendly restaurant where anything in our market is available to be prepared for your dining pleasure. Wednesday - Monday Market 10-7 Restaurant & Take out 11-9
Reviewed January 1, 2013

We have gone here off and on for years. The fish is always top notch if sometimes overpriced. Recently, we ordered a stuffed artichoke special appetizer. It was a revelation. If on the menu and if you like artichoke, order it and you will not be disappointed.

2  Thank cmtw26

Reviewed November 30, 2012

I ate here with my family and another couple on the Sunday after Thanksgiving, so the restaurant (at which my brother and his family are regulars) wasn't very busy (he says he usually has to call for reservations). It's not easy to serve a party of 10 or more, and the waiter was relaxed and cheerful.

Food was outstanding! I had a half dozen oysters - excellent and fresh, even at this inland location, and the special red snapper - fresh and perfectly cooked. My cousin had my usual seafood favorite, the cioppino and it looked - and he said it was - excellent. There was, of course, the one non fish-eater in the group, and she had the steak, which was also very good. The wine list was quite reasonable as well.

Worth every penny!

1  Thank SpringfieldFresser
Reviewed November 10, 2012

I used to live on Long Island, so I have had fresh seafood. I did not like the meal I had here, but other people I know really like the place.(Which is why I gave it a 3 and not a 2.) I guess you need to go to find out for yourself.

Reviewed October 22, 2012

I love oysters but I only eat them fried when they are done right. These guys do 'em right. And the fish selection is mind boggling for a mountain town. Good food (try the sweet potato fries)

Reviewed September 17, 2012

Hard to find things like octopus and king crab legs are always available in this unassuming international grocery + seafood restaurant. Their frozen seafood section is like nothing I have seen, and holds its own against the best seafood shops in New York and San Francisco

1  Thank Temaqueria