“Not Fancy, Just Great Fish” 5 of 5 bubbles

Cuisines: American, Seafood, Soups
Good for: Families with children, Kids
Description: Fresh.Fish.Fast.
Springfield, Illinois
“Not Fancy, Just Great Fish”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 30, 2012

I ate here with my family and another couple on the Sunday after Thanksgiving, so the restaurant (at which my brother and his family are regulars) wasn't very busy (he says he usually has to call for reservations). It's not easy to serve a party of 10 or more, and the waiter was relaxed and cheerful.

Food was outstanding! I had a half dozen oysters - excellent and fresh, even at this inland location, and the special red snapper - fresh and perfectly cooked. My cousin had my usual seafood favorite, the cioppino and it looked - and he said it was - excellent. There was, of course, the one non fish-eater in the group, and she had the steak, which was also very good. The wine list was quite reasonable as well.

Worth every penny!

• Visited November 2012
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank SpringfieldFresser

Highland, New York
“Didn't like...”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 10, 2012

I used to live on Long Island, so I have had fresh seafood. I did not like the meal I had here, but other people I know really like the place.(Which is why I gave it a 3 and not a 2.) I guess you need to go to find out for yourself.

Visited December 2011
Moosic, Pennsylvania, United States
“Oysters anyone?”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2012

I love oysters but I only eat them fried when they are done right. These guys do 'em right. And the fish selection is mind boggling for a mountain town. Good food (try the sweet potato fries)

Visited October 2012
“Great slection”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 17, 2012

Hard to find things like octopus and king crab legs are always available in this unassuming international grocery + seafood restaurant. Their frozen seafood section is like nothing I have seen, and holds its own against the best seafood shops in New York and San Francisco

Visited September 2012
1 Thank Temaqueria
NY
“Fresh and Delicious!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 29, 2012

Very good food but not enough,,I was not full when I finished..I will go back because of how delicious my meal was..They also have a nice selection of fresh seafood in their market..Located a few minutes off the NYS thruway and near Suny New Paltz..

• Visited August 2012