“Food and service quite good !”
Review of A Tavola Trattoria

A Tavola Trattoria
Ranked #2 of 100 Restaurants in New Paltz
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed April 18, 2014

Food prep and quality over all is really excellent. I do enjoy this "Best restaurant in New Paltz" in my humble opinion - ask for Rosie as a server. She's wonderful. I've not given the place my excellent rating because I'm really very selective. If the menu would change a bit more often and greater flexibility to modify a dish, it would get my highest rating.

Reviewed April 10, 2014

This is a place for sharing. I have been twice, once for the winter menu and once for their new spring menu. There are appetizers, Primi courses, and Second courses. The Primi courses are primarily pastas. You can have a full or half portion. The portions are huge! The pasta is homemade as is the bread, which is served with the fruitiest olive oil. The wine list is extensive, with all Italian wines. It opens at 5:30, I suggest you make a reservation.

Reviewed March 25, 2014

We loved everything we ordered at this place. You really can't go wrong! The braised pork cheek was tender and ridiculously flavorful. My mouth is watering as I write about it! My wife had the wild boar pasta with sweet potatoes and ricotta. Everything was great, the atmosphere and wine, too. We will return on our next trip to New Paltz!

1  Thank JennandMead
Reviewed March 5, 2014

Delicious. Guaranteed great meal and experience every time. Fantastic homemade pastas and roast chicken.

Reviewed February 24, 2014 via mobile

We were traveling from PA to VT and found A Travola on trip advisor and now can see why it was rated #1! We had an excellent dinner in a very romantic environment. It was a nice break on our trip. Our waitress, Katherine, was excellent! She was super friendly and very nice to chat with and made great recommendations. Everything we ordered was delicious..... No complaints!!!! We will definitely be back!