“Beautiful space and super food”
Review of A Tavola Trattoria

A Tavola Trattoria
Ranked #2 of 100 Restaurants in New Paltz
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed December 26, 2013

The place is beautiful and cozy. The food is terrific and they have small plate entree options which we take advantage of so we can try more of their creative selections. Drinks & beer selection good but priced a bit too high.

1  Thank HLLillian

Reviewed December 2, 2013

The server was friendly, knowledgeable, and happy he was there. The octupus appetizer was superlative, not fishy, moist. The gnocchi had a delicious ragu sauce. The ribeye with a mushroom sauce was chargrilled medium rare to perfection, and a very large portion ( we had a nice snack the next day). I did not care for the side of mac and cheese as it had an odd rosemary spice and was not cheesy enough. It was overcooked to me. The half chicken cooked under a brick was so dry it was inedible. The server agreed and was apologetic. In fact, the manager was also concerned. We were given complimentary desserts and ordered another half pasta dish whcih was fine. I had an excellently prepared manhattan, really done well with the small shaker left at the table. The italian proscecco also very nice. We did not appreciate that their wine list, although reasonable in price, was exclusively Italian. Even with some problems I would eat here again as they care about your experience and this place has a very good vibe.

Reviewed November 4, 2013

A Tavola in New Paltz goes from strength to strength. The superb inventiveness and taste of their drink master continues -- e.g. the best Negroni I've ever had, piqued with his own bitters and a few drops of (I believe) Italian artichoke liqueur. This visit I had corn ravioli in a light, flavorsome lobster sauce not over heavy with lobster, but refined in chunks in a lemon-y sauce. Leek and escarole salad and a couple of superb dry white wines finished the meal. Available as half-portions, most of the main dishes need not break your system or your wallet.

1  Thank Judith D
Reviewed October 22, 2013

This is the best restaurant we have found in the New Paltz area. Service was truly standout, and the cooking was unique, delicious and seasonal. A lobster, corn ravioli dish was particularly memorable. Also, do not skip the cocktails.

Reviewed October 5, 2013 via mobile

Spent the day hiking at Mohonk. Did Internet research for a nice restaurant in the area (celebrating a birthday). I chose A Tavola. It was wonderful: delicious food, great waitress, convivial atmosphere. There were 4 of us- everything we ordered was great. I can't wait to go back!