“Wonderful Use of Local Produce!”
Review of A Tavola

A Tavola
Ranked #3 of 99 Restaurants in New Paltz
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
New Paltz, New York
“Wonderful Use of Local Produce!”
Reviewed November 5, 2012

We have enjoyed several visits to A Tavola. The innovative use of local produce/ingredients combined with a perfectly prepared appetizer, entree, or dessert makes for a wonderful blend of flavors and textures as you savor each bite. Try not to fill up on their warm, fresh baked bread. Its salted, crusty top is delicious! If you like duck, this is the place to order it. The duck is prepared medium rare and melts in your mouth with a burst of flavor. Tonight we enjoyed the seared sea scallops on a bed of pureed cauliflower surrounded with fresh Brussel sprouts. The tangy fresh slaw in the center was a tasty contrast. The scallops were perfectly seared on the outside and tender on the inside. A Tavola is participating in Restaurant Week which continues through November 18th. It's a great opportunity to try an appetizer, entree, and dessert for the fixed price of $29.95. You won't be disappointed.
The wait staff is attentive and professional, and reservations are strongly recommended. BTW- If climbing stairs is difficult for you, make sure you request a table downstairs when you make your reservation!

• Visited November 2012

New Paltz, New York
“No question, the best restaurant in New Paltz (perhaps the entire mid-Hudson area)”
Reviewed October 25, 2012

Excellent food. Nothing disappointed. And if you've never eaten octopus before, this is the place to start. Large portions of finely cooked, exquisitely tasting food. Small plates available. Try the taglitella bolognese. Attentive and charming waitstaff.

• Visited October 2012
Boston, Massachusetts
“Excellent cooking in a relaxed setting”
Reviewed September 24, 2012

After more than 10 visits to A Tavola, it really is my favorite restaurant bar none. The cooking is innovative, using fresh local ingredients and real ingenuity that makes anything the chef prepares just delicious. Run by a charming young couple - he cooks and she runs the front of the house and does all the baking - it's a lovely, comfortable place for a memorable night out. My favorite entree is the chicken under a brick - crispy skin, moist and flavorful half chicken - but every single thing I've tried has been excellent. Leave room for dessert, it's all home made and reasonably priced.
A Tavola is a true gem of a restaurant, long may it prosper!

Visited September 2012
“Best restaurant in New Paltz”
Reviewed September 17, 2012

Best food and service in New Paltz. Convenient location, romantic date spot but also fun upstairs and bar area for groups. The decor could use some updating but the menu and cocktails are outstanding. I love the home made bread (so good) and the burrata. The rabbit pasta is also excellent.

Visited September 2012
New York
“Yes, perfect! The best!”
Reviewed September 11, 2012 via mobile

I have to concur with the other reviewers here, fantastic restaurant! I was here for my boyfriend's birthday and it was lovely. We had a table upstairs, very romantic and charming atmosphere. Even the music choice was pleasing. The glazed pork belly got an A plus from my boyfriend who is a specialist and my creamy goat cheese tortellini with blue berries, corn and mushrooms were the best pasta I ever had (I live in Manhattan; plenty of very good Italian restaurants here). I adored my salted caramel gelato and my boyfriend is still talking about his honey semifredo. And although we were given complementary flutes of prosecco - thank you for such an attention - we had to sample the cocktails. On that point too we agree with the other reviewers: unusual and delicious. I had the Tempestuoso and he had the nociole e vino. Thank you to the staff also who waited on us with so much care and warmth!