“Love this restaurant”

Cuisines: Japanese, Sushi, Asian
New Paltz,NY
“Love this restaurant”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 15, 2014

We've been going to Neko's since they opened, more than 10 years ago. They were the first japanese restaurant to come to town and although the newer places have a lot to offer, I still feel loyal to Neko's. Good sushi, bento boxes, tempura and terriaki dishes, saki, beer and plum wine. Great service. Convenient location. Good hours.

Visited January 2014

Washingtonville, New York
“Been loving Neko's for years!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 13, 2013

I've been going to Neko's for years now. Every time I've gone there, I've had a wonderful dinner and a great experience. The owner takes time to greet guests or (if it's quieter) stop at the table for an exchange of pleasantries. The sushi is always fresh and very well prepared. This time we sat at a regular table, but it's fun to sit at the bar and watch them slice and create works of art right in front of you! There is always an incredible attention to detail, and the side dishes are delicious as well. The menu is extensive, and I have yet to try a single item that didn't impress! The restaurant in Poughkeepsie has traditionally been just as good if you happen to be looking for a great sushi place on the other side of the river.

• Visited October 2013
Utica, New York, United States
“Fond memories of New Paltz”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 2, 2013

I made my first trip to Neko Sushi several years ago but the experience is still fresh in my mind. I went for lunch with some friends and I can remember that the atmosphere was calm, the wait staff kind and attentive, and the food colorful and tasty - I had ordered a bento box which was a nice deviation from the norm. Definitely make this place a stop for a good meal while visiting New Paltz!

• Visited October 2012
Slingerlands, New York
“Very good sushi with great service!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2013

Tried a few of there speciality rolls.
Shang-ri-la was very good - so was the miso soup.
Fantastic!
Perfect service as well.

Visited July 2013
Wappingers Falls, New York
“Food Excellent! ...after long wait for food.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 5, 2013

I've lived in the Hudson Valley for over 20 years. Ever since I found out about Neko Sushi, I've wanted to try the establishment. I've always heard good things about their sushi.

Yesterday I was finally able to dine at their New Paltz restaurant. I love eel rolls and saw that they had those on the menu. But I then spotted that they had a Black Dragon Roll (essentially a eel roll to the max -- with more eel). I had to have that so I ordered it. My wife also ordered a regular eel roll and a California roll. We also ordered beef teriyaki for us to share.

The restaurant only had about 50% of it's indoor tables occupied (ie. not swamped with customers). It took about 1 hour to get the sushi/rolls delivered to our table. The beef teriyaki took about 1 hour and 30 minutes to get to our table.

The food was excellent. If it wasn't for the delay in getting our food to our table, Neko Sushi would get rated much higher by me.

• Visited May 2013