“Long Wait, Crowded, Excellent Sushi”
Review of Neko Sushi - CLOSED

Neko Sushi
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Croton on Hudson, New York
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Long Wait, Crowded, Excellent Sushi”
Reviewed December 30, 2012

We were a group of six sushi lovers, and we ordered a wide variety of items. Everything was very good or excellent. It was crowded, and there was a long wait (although the beer selection helped with that).

Visited December 2012

New Paltz, New York
“Great Sushi!”
Reviewed December 11, 2012

My favorite choices for sushi are yellowtail, tuna and salmon. Those, in my opinion, are the real test for any sushi restaurant and I must say, Nekos has the best I have eaten. Atmosphere is warm and friendly and the location in the heart of Main St, New Paltz is not only convenient but also provides a great walk after eating to take in all that the New Paltz Village has to offer.

• Visited December 2012
Pottstown, Pennsylvania
“Great food on a rainy day.”
Reviewed October 23, 2012

My wife and I visited on our honeymoon. Due to the fact that we were the only customers at the time, we were treated to a complimentary bowl of miso soup. It was very good and was the perfect
thing on a rainy day. The sushi was excellent. It tasted fresh and didn't have too much sauce. The staff all seemed nice and were very accomodating. Overall, a great experience.

2 Thank Molly S
NYC
“Neko sushi is great after all these years!”
Reviewed October 19, 2012

I live in the NYC area and there are plenty of places to get sushi. But most memorable to me is Neko, all the way out in New Paltz. I dont know how they do it but Dang it's good! Ive gone since the restaurant opened years and years ago. Their spicy Tuna no matter how you have it is the best around - but they also have really unusual specialty rolls as well. SO many of the sushi restaurants have "special rolls" that are pretty much the same as the next plae - but that is not the case with Neko - the choices are extensive, and unusual, in a very good way! Spicy scallop roll is really delish as well. Give it a try!

• Visited October 2012
3 Thank LoveDemIslands
El Cajon, California
“Outstanding sushi in New Paltz”
Reviewed October 18, 2012

I don't understand these negative reviews. We had a wonderful evening with careful attention from the owner who oversaw all the preparations by the talented young men behind the bar. The spicy tuna roll was the best I've ever had anywhere - the sashimi was outstanding and the prices were reasonable. This is our new favorite sushi stop. I hope people won't be too put off by what some of these other reviews say...they are just wrong!

• Visited October 2012