“Unique and fabulous!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in New Paltz
Moondance Ridge Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 8 New Paltz B&B and Inns
Reviewed November 22, 2010

If you are looking for the perfect peaceful, tranquil, luxurious getaway just outside New York City, look no further! Moondance Ridge is a dream. Everything about it is exactly right: the property is beautiful, spotlessly clean, well-appointed. On arrival I was greeted with a fresh cup of coffee and home baked cookies, yummm. I stayed in the James Cagney suite and wish I could have stayed longer. The bed was heaven, the room was appointed with nice glasses, fridge, fireplace, etc etc, everything you could need was at hand. The jacuzzi bathtub was huge and I was transported into another world. Linens were top shelf. The host and owner, Kathy Drew, is what all innkeepers should be: cheerful, respectful,generous, responsive, helpful, and the woman makes the most delicious pumpkin waffles I have ever tasted! While I am on the subject of breakfast, what you will see when you walk downstairs from the best sleep you've had in years, is your place all set and ready at one of the tables with a lovely view of nature out the huge picture windows. There is a glass of juice, fresh coffee and a fruit cup waiting. Kathy comes to ask what you'd like for breakfast - and since one of the reasons I came to Moondance Ridge was for those pumpkin waffles, that's what I had. Take a soul-cleansing stroll around the grounds, come & go at will, make friends or have complete privacy... Moondance Ridge is the best B&B I have ever seen. I cannot recommend it highly enough!

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled solo
1  Thank snorvell78
There are newer reviews for Moondance Ridge Bed & Breakfast

Reviewed November 19, 2010

My wife and I made the trip last weekend from Long Island and it took us a little over two hours to get there. The place is no more than 10 minutes off of I87. When we pulled up, I was like, WOW, now that's a great looking place, it looks like it was just built!

if you think the outside is nice, wait until you go inside. Kathy and her pug (Foo2), greeted us and showed us all the rooms, (we stayed in the Moonshadow Suite) and then gave us the tour of the dining area, in addition to the grounds.

Kathy's attention to detail is impeccable and each room is tailored a litte differently but there wasn't one room that I could say no to, they all were tastefully decorated.

Oh, and the grounds, what a view, and this was just after all the leaves had fallen off the trees. I can only imagine the view during the beginning of fall or during spring/summer.
The grounds are magnificent, with wooded areas to walk in surrounded by nearby streams, a sauna awaiting you outside, and if you are into these things, a circular rock labyrinth to "cleanse the soul, or feel at one with yourself" so to speak.

Anyway, there's complimentary coffee and fresh baked chocolate chip cookies (which were awaiting us), and after we settled into our room, we both looked at each other like, "OMG, why didn't we do this sooner..."

The Moondance is just beautiful and you will feel absolutely at home within a short time. In fact the next morning we awoke to the smell of something so delightful, I almost left the room without being dressed as what was being served was a passed down family recipe of Pumpkin Pancakes, all served with juice, coffee, biscuits, and fresh baked apples....Kathy's breakfast puts my Mom's to shame...(sorry Mom!)

Oh, a trip to town is 5 minutes away, and of course there's the Mohonk Mountain House which, if you haven't been to, you absolutely must see for its views and hiking appeal.

Needless to say, we did not want to leave but we will be coming back very, very soon to this truly wonderful place!

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank EragonNY
Reviewed November 14, 2010

I will absolutely recommend this b&b to friends and look forward to coming back again. Kathy, the owner and opertor, was super helpful, kind, and lnowledgeable. She went out of her way to make sure we were comfortable in several ways. One of the highlights were the delicious breakfasts (specifically: local spiced apple compote, pumpkin waffles, and homemade blueberry muffins one day and blueberry scones, poaches pears and yogurt, and crustless multi cheese quiche another day), and homemade chocolate chip cookies and othe snacks always available.
The amenities were brand new and spotless, beds comfortable, the selection of dvds and board games were good, and Kathy helped us plan our days hiking and evening restaurant reservations.
We also enjoyed the in room massage with Alice and Fawn, which you can set up through the b&b.

• Stayed: November 2010
1  Thank MarinaTarasova
Reviewed November 11, 2010

We rented the whole place for a weekend - our daughter's wedding. Everything was perfect - beautiful rooms and grounds, great baked treats (and breakfasts!) and perfect service. An absolutely perfect complement to a beautiful event. Kathy - keep up the great work.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank moebius326
Reviewed October 25, 2010

Wonderful Columbus Day get-a-way! Kathy is great...lovely person, very knowledgable and very personable. Had great breakfasts and then enjoyed the Mohonk Mountains.

Very very Clean, ground were very beautiful! Can't wait to go back!!!

1  Thank Clarke H
Reviewed October 21, 2010

We could not ask for a better hostess or Bed and Breakfast! Kathy was so gracious and helpful. We followed most of her suggestions for activities and food and were thoroughly pleased. I'm a stickler for a clean room and this was the CLEANEST! We love staying at a B&B because of the personal nature and the people you meet. Again we were not disappointed. We hiked in the preserve, walked the rail trail, shopped, visited the Culinary Institute and some wineries and truly relaxed. The beautiful Shawangunk Mountains didn't hurt either.

1  Thank bfam123
Reviewed October 14, 2010

So as to not be redundant, I will say that I agree with all the good things said about Moondance Ridge and its owner Kathy (and Foo 2). Our first choice for staying in the area for several nights was booked, but the owner was kind enough to steer us to Kathy. We were glad she did. One is often disappointed with B & B's, but in some places they are the only good choice. Moondance delivers on all counts. You won't go wrong staying there. We stayed in a room on the main floor because we didn't want to drag our suitcases upstairs and were hoping the rain would stop so we could enjoy our private porch, but all the rooms are large and well appointed. Several excellent restaurants were recommended by Kathy. Great place, great innkeeper. Thanks, Kathy

1  Thank CFeld68
#1 of 10 in Kingston
Americas Best Value Inn - New Paltz
Stonegate Bed and Breakfast
Buttermilk Falls Inn & Spa

Been to Moondance Ridge Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!