“Top-notch cleaniness and decor”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in New Paltz
Moondance Ridge Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 8 New Paltz B&B and Inns
New York, NY
“Top-notch cleaniness and decor”
Reviewed July 1, 2007

My wife and I stayed in the Moonshadow Room. The decor was very nice. Being a Housekeeping Supervisor in the past, I must admit they maintain the premises very clean. Their 3-course breakfast was exceptional. I am highly recommending this B&B to friends and family. We are definitely coming back.

Rick

Stayed July 2007
1 Thank rickcarranza

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
NYC
Reviewed June 3, 2007

My boyrfriend and I wanted a weekend out of the city to escape the chaos of our daily lives and have always wanted to try a B & B... Well we LOVED our first experience!! We stayed in the Starry Night suit which was so cute and had access to the porch where we relaxed and enjoyed the fresh air. The breakfasts were amazing and the inn keepers were so helpful in planning our daily trips. We would go back in a heartbeat!!

• Liked — its charm, decor, breakfast and access to snakc, beverages and games
  • Disliked — You could hear everyone and everything.....
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled as a couple
1 Thank molove14
Astoria, NY
Reviewed April 28, 2007

My (now) fiancee and I stayed in New Paltz at Patti & Tom Oliviero's wonderful Moondance Ridge B&B. We had met in college @ New Paltz and found it fitting to return there for a special weekend. I can't express how grateful I am for their hospitality and graciousness.

The Inn:
The inn is located just on the outskirts of the town and off the road so there is an abundance of peace and quiet. That means a lot to us folks from NYC. We fell asleep both nights listening to the tranquility of chirping crickets and a light breeze.

The Room:
We stayed in the 'Starry Nights' room, which is themed after 1920's actress Jean Harlow. The bed is even a facsimilie in appearance of Harlow's bed (four-post). All of the rooms have niche themes based on '20's era Hollywood and are elegantly designed.

The Food:
Anyone should stay there based on their three-course gourmet breakfast alone - absolutely delicious! You can tell Patti & Tom take great pride and care in their guests solely on the breakfasts!

The Owners:
What I can tell you is that I chose Moondance Ridge as the place to propose to my long time girlfriend. And I can tell you that thanks to the efforts and special touches of Patti (and Tom) the weekend and proposal (of course she said Yes :)) will forever be near and dear to us.

Overall:
Again I can't say enough about the "little things" that these owners put into every guests' stay. Everytime we're in the Hudson Valley, we'll be staying at the Moondance Ridge Bed & Breakfast.

Thanks Patti & Tom!

• Liked — The personal touches by the owners.
  • Disliked — That we couldn't stay longer!
  • Stayed April 2007, traveled as a couple
1 Thank BobandT
Sarasota, Florida
Reviewed December 2, 2006

My wife and I just returned from an extended weekend at the Moondance Bed and Breakfast. The wife and husband owners take a lot of pride in everything they do here. The rooms are tastfully decorated with very comfortable beds and chairs. It is meticulously clean and I can understand why they do not want quests eating meals in their rooms. We stayed in the Moondance suite that had a large jacuuzi and glass enclosed shower. Very nice! They provide very unique breakfasts, nothing you would make routinely. The grounds are very attractive and the home is set back from the road in a woodsy setting. The innkeepers are very friendly and warm and eager to make suggestions. We are experience travelers and consider this establishment a top choice.

Stayed November 2006
1 Thank kod
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed October 26, 2006

My girlfriend and I stayed for the weekend to see the foliage in October. Moondance is in a beautiful, quiet setting, about 1.3 miles from downtown New Paltz. The house is around one year old, and is nicely maintained, very clean, and tastefully decorated. The style of the house is contemporary, and the decor is largely "modern classic." The husband and wife team are very friendly. The breakfast is great, but the portions may be too small for those with a big appetite (it was fine for us).

• Stayed October 2006
1 Thank finhat
New Jersey
Reviewed September 5, 2006

My husband and I stayed two nights recently and found the experience to be okay. The innkeepers were very nice and very accommodating. The inn itself was meticulously clean and attractive but a little too plain, sparse and modern.

We don't really look for too many modern conveniences outside a shower and toilet in the room. I did appreciate the hair dryer and soap, though. I think too much was spent on the flat screen TV and whirlpool tub and not enough on linens and decor. Also, the breakfast was okay at best. Perhaps a cooking class at the CIA would help the innkeeper.

All in all, it was fine, but next time, we will choose a B&B that has less modern gizmos and more plush linens, pillows, warmth and better breakfasts. I guess it's a matter of preference and what you are looking for in a B&B. Not a bad place, just not for us.

• Liked — location
  • Disliked — breakfast
  • Stayed August 2006, traveled as a couple
5 Thank KAmerick
Alexandria, Virginia
Reviewed July 4, 2006

My boyfriend and I stayed here last weekend for three nights and had a great stay. We were in the Moonshadow room and it was very nice. Each room has a jacuzzi tub, TV, DVD player, CD player and our room had its own deck area with a table and chairs. The proprietors are very nice and breakfasts were absolutely delicious (I mean REALLY delicious!). They offer a small but varied collection of DVDs to watch and CDs to listen to as well as some games and books. Coffee and snacks are available off-hours and they also offer free Internet access. The only minor concerns I had were that breakfast wasn't served until 9:00a (my boyfriend and I are early risers), the ceiling fan in the room wasn't particularly powerful and the wind chimes right outside on the deck were a bit loud but it was particularly breezy while we were there. I'm sure had I asked, they probably would have taken them down for our stay. The grounds are lovely and peaceful. If you visit their website, easily found from any search engine, the pictures on the site are very true to life. This will be THE place we stay when we visit New Paltz again.

• Stayed July 2006
#1 of 10 in Kingston
Americas Best Value Inn - New Paltz
Stonegate Bed and Breakfast
Buttermilk Falls Inn & Spa

Been to Moondance Ridge Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!