Moondance Ridge Bed & Breakfast
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
$152
RodewayInn
$62
Minnewaska Lodge(Gardiner)(Great Value!)
$176
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewspumpkin wafflesb bwhirlpool tubbreakfast was deliciousmohonk preserveprivate porchelectric fireplacebird feedershudson valleyrelaxing getawayclose to townperfect weekendeach morningroom was large and comfortablecommon areas arestayed longeranniversary weekend
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 24, 2009

Beautiful town close to hiking and Mohonk Moutain House.
Nice staff cozy and close enough to town for dinner.
Highly reccomend

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank x0vnara
Reviewed January 13, 2009

I had to make a relatively quick decision when booking my weekend. The main event was a very special concert that I was going to in Woodstock so I hadn't made a terribly informed decision and did not raise my expectations.

I was completely surprised and delighted by Kathy Drew's warm hospitality and the wonderful establishment that she runs.

The building is set back, well off the road in a wonderful Currier and Ives setting. There was a full moon on my arrival on a crystal clear night. The grounds were snow covered and brilliantly lit by the moon. My room, "The Dream Catcher" had huge windows, (not drafty) and looked over this dreamscape all night. The windows in all of the rooms are designed to capture much of the unblemished natural surroundings on the large property.

The furnishings in my room were sturdy reproductions of classical contemporary country home which balanced the elegance of the inn and the natural landscaping fully visibile through the many window vistas.

Coffee and edibles were available 24/7 during my two day stay. I was very appreciative of that embelishment after returning to the Inn at 2:00 AM from my concert. Breakfast was creative with incredible pumpkin pancakes served with nuts, fruit yogurt and local maple syup.

The artwork theme throughout the house was from a local photographer who displayed work from a trip to Tibet. Simple, and striking facets of Tibetan culture and (of course) amazing shots of Everest. I ended up buying one of the photos of wind swept prayer flags.

I will return to Moondance Ridge in the spring for day hiking in the nearby Mohonk preserve. Can't wait to get back to the hills and the inn.

• Stayed: January 2009, traveled solo
2  Thank realtime01
Reviewed January 8, 2009

Moondance Ridge B&B was just perfect for celebrating the holidays and our anniversary. The B&B is just lovely with tons of space to just relax. It felt like home....but better...with a beautiful view out of each window. Rooms are updated, modern and clean.

Imagine the country home of your dreams that is so inviting...then you have imagined Moondance Ridge B & B. Kathy was just super....I requested healthy breakfasts and the food was just perfect. Kathy would make a variety of breakfast dishes. She is a gourmet. She is also open for breakfast requests. All my husband wanted for his breakfast was turkey sausage/bacon and toast and it just hit the spot. He enjoyed his breakfast as I enjoyed my requested breakfast.

Kathy was "right on" about places to go for lunch/dinner and what to see in New Paltz. In fact, my husband and I drove to the small towns surrounding New Paltz and I felt that New Paltz was the best of all of the towns. The town was what you would image a friendly small town should be in terms of nice people, unique restaurants and fun things to do.

Even more than the dreamy surroundings was the warm hospitality of Kathy and her lovey family. They made our stay wonderful and made us feel like old and dear friends. They made us feel special.

My husband and I are looking forward our next stay at Moondance Ridge B & B, the country home of our dreams.

• Stayed: December 2008, traveled as a couple
1  Thank artistt
kadrew, Owner at Moondance Ridge Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded January 13, 2009

This review puts the cherry on top of my first year as the owner of the Moondance Ridge B&B. I want to thank all of our 2008 guests. You've helped fill this year in New Paltz with warm, wonderful memories... I look forward to seeing our new friends and meeting new guests in 2009.

Reviewed January 7, 2009

My boyfriend and I wanted to do something low-key for New Year's. After some research, we decided on Moondance Ridge based on the reviews and lovely photos of the property and room. We were able to get the Moondance suite at the last minute due to a cancellation, and we loved everything about it! It was comfortable and classy, and Kathy was very sweet and accommodating. We'd like to come back for sure and possibly stay in another one of the suites. Breakfast was delicious! Our only regret is that we didn't stay longer.

• Stayed: January 2009, traveled as a couple
2  Thank mlw84
Reviewed December 31, 2008

We returned to the Moondance last weekend to spend time with friends from out of town. We had another wonderful experience - a beautiful cheese plate greeting us Friday night, yummy pumpkin waffles, a relaxing afternoon by the fire in the living room and of course, Kathy's warm hospitality. Even in the winter, there's so much to do in New Paltz . This time, we visited one of the Hudson Valley mansions and had a very fun dinner at the DePuy Canal House. The Moondance is definitely our home away from home and we highly recommend it to everyone!

• Stayed: December 2008, traveled with friends