“A B&B that does it right!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in New Paltz
Moondance Ridge Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 8 New Paltz B&B and Inns
Norwalk, Connecticut
“A B&B that does it right!”
Reviewed July 5, 2011

Great place and there is a reason all the reviews are so positive!

Location is very convenient off 87. It's a newer building with great modern charm. Spotless, comfy, great outdoor space.

Kathy is extremely thoughtful about every touch point. She also "gets it" because she was corporate exec turned B&B owner.

• Stayed July 2011
1 Thank northernlights40

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed July 2, 2011

This was a trip back down memory lane for me as I am a New Paltz Alumni '81, so I was looking to be close to town and to the Gunks. I couldn't have been more delighted with our accommodations and Inn keeper Kathy who greeted us warmly the night we arrived (late, after 10, but she was not al all put out). The INN is gorgeous and we felt very at home during our three night stay.

Those with allergies (ours are gluten, nuts and environmental irritants) will be very pleased to know that they will be treated just as royally as other guests, given safe versions of the same breakfast offerings as everyone else. This meant a great deal to my 16 year old who is forever having to turn away delicious foods everyone else can enjoy. We LOVED it here and will be back!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
3 Thank cathyfrank
Reviewed June 6, 2011

We stayed here for 2 nights and found this B&B to be really great. Kathy the innkeeper is very hospitable (bakes cookies & all kinds of snacks for you to enjoy throughout the day) and she makes really hearty, tasty & healthy breakfast. This is worth the $ and the amenities are immaculately clean and very cozy. We had a really relaxing time. Thank you Moondance!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank loves2hike30
Warrington
Reviewed May 21, 2011

What a fantabulous place! My partner and I spent the most part of our stay in our nephews apartment in Tribeca, New York, which was really appreciated and we understand how lucky we were BUT we did crave to get out of the maddening crowd, after all the Big snow of New Year and find a slower pace...

We found Moondance on the internet and it looked like a beautiful place to spend a few lazy days, whilst exploring the Hudson valley and surrounding areas, it didn't dissapoint.
Beautiful surroundings, lovely room and most comfortable sleep, with luxurious bedding and a spa bath to boot!

Kathy was a lovely hostess, along with her sidekick Fu-2 (the pug) and she made us very welcome and was the perfect hostess. Had a fab time and took back many happy memories.

Just sorry it took us so long to write this reveiw, we'd Def go back...
Jen & Tim.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank skoolimarley
Reviewed April 18, 2011

For the *most* part, all of the thoughtful touches raved about by other guests were true of the Moondance -- we had a warm hostess, baked goods and tea set out for guests in the afternoon, access to a private whirlpool, etc. We appreciated the chenille throw on the couch, for the afternoon we stayed in and watched DVDs on the couch while it rained. We did appreciate Kathy's kindness in giving us passes to the Mohonk preserve for hiking, and we really loved the breakfast.

There were, however, a few things that detracted from our stay. Our sleep quality was pretty disturbed. On our first night there, my partner and I happily settled into the plush pillowtop bed, drew the curtains... and the light from the blinds didn't actually block out the light. Nor did the curtains fully cover the blinds. It was a bright night, and an even brighter morning. The morning bit might have been okay, if it weren't for the fact that people were already up and about the house at 6:30 AM, and you could hear the door unlocking, the voices murmuring as they reached for coffee downstairs, etc.

I complained to the owner the next morning, to which the response was, "But the blinds are supposed to block out the light!" Now, I wish they did, but ... they don't. In the afternoon, the blinds block out 50% of the light, and not all of it by any measure. To be fair, this is *not* cheapness on the part of the owner -- those blinds are expensive, if my memory of catalogues serves. They just don't work.

Also, the next morning, unfortunately, even when we ran out to get blindfolds, people were still moving around early, and we could still hear them. Therefore: if you stay here, folks, bring earplugs *and* a blindfold. My partner took my head off the second morning after not sleeping, and that was not pleasant.

Other minor cavils: the whirlpool did not work when we first got there, and she had to flip a circuit breaker (couldn't you have checked that before we checked in?). The stern note at the beginning to not run the whirlpool after 10 PM -- "because everyone is in bed by then!" (but we're all expected to be up at 6:30 AM to wake up to the noise of people in the morning?) -- was a little disconcerting. The sauna has a window in the door, which may enforce a more covered-up a bathing suit than you might otherwise have brought.

On the whole, while the accommodations were nice enough, we'll be checking out other places in the area.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 17, 2011

When I first booked a room at this bed and breakfast, my first thought was that i was a bit pricey compared to other hotels in the area. A room at the holiday inn express in new paltz was only $150 for the same night. Why was this place so much more expensive?

My goal this weekend was to plan a relaxing weekend escape with my significant other. We both live in NYC and have been feeling under a lot of pressure at work and school. So, I rented a car and we both set out to explore the wineries and wilderness of upstate new york. I happened upon this B&B via tripadvisor, and booked it friday afternoon since there were such good reviews. The price seemed a bit high for my typical hotel stay, but at the last minute I took a chance hoping that it would be worth it. It was.

On arriving, The building really stood out from the surrounding properties. At the end of the long driveway was a nicely built, pleasant looking, large house. After parking in one of the five slots for guests, I was greeted by the proprietor of the establishment who then showed me around the place. The grounds were pleasant, the indoor common area was sunny and peaceful, and everything was extremely clean. Some brownies and tea were set out to help me settle in after my long journey. The room was spacious and had a whirlpool bath with aromatherapy capsules nearby. I didn't get a chance to try the outdoor sauna, but robes were hanging in the closet in case I found the time.

After dropping off my things, I set out to one of the recommended wineries and a nearby distillery. On arriving back at the hotel, I picked out an old movie from the large selection available from the common area and fell asleep shortly thereafter.

The next morning I woke up early and helped myself to a cup of coffee. While sipping from my "to-go" cup, I walked around the paths in the rear of the house, and meandered around the rock "labyrinth" in the front. It had rained the night before so some of the paths were a bit muddy but the trails were still manageable. Then came breakfast.. Coffee and freshly squeezed orange juice was served with a scone each. Our first dish was a peeled pair with cinnamon and yogurt on the side for dipping. Next came eggs, toast, asparagus, and leafy greens. The atmosphere was very pleasant and the meal was executed well. Our proprietors offered us some free hiking passes to the Mohonk preserve and we were on our way.

As I said, at first I thought things were a bit pricey, but my mind changed when I saw all the small perks that were available to me. Getting up in early evening and helping myself to a brownie, chocolate covered raspberries, and a camomile tea while picking out some movies was when I realized this place was something special.

Room Tip: Room #3 (moonlight sky) had the indoor