“Limited Menu and it's so-so!”

Gilded Otter Brewing Company
Ranked #6 of 99 Restaurants in New Paltz
Good for: Large groups, Families with children, Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
wallkill
“Limited Menu and it's so-so!”
Reviewed September 27, 2013

I like very lite beer and they brew their own! Beer was bitter and flat. Chicken wings were just OK... Would rather go to Murphy's any day for chicken wings and beers than this place! Sorry to say but it was not good!

Albany, New York
“Meh... Decent beer”
Reviewed September 23, 2013 via mobile

Well, the beer is pretty good. I had the pumpkin, which was smooth. The appetizers were average, and the pints were a little high at $6.50. The service was kind if ridiculous, we felt as if we were interrupting. At one point I almost went to the bar to get my own drinks. The inside was nice though...

Cleveland, Ohio
“Waited and waited but worth it”
Reviewed September 23, 2013

Our group of 6 friends all enjoyed our beers and dinners. My spaghetti bolognese was perfect. We enjoyed our young server, Alejandro, as he was very sweet and helpful. Only problem was that it took crazy long to get a table and we had 2 elderly friends with us and it is hard for them to move about and of course could not take the stairs to bigger tables. While we waited and waited a fair amount of groups of 4 were seated so I would really recommend that next time this happens they consider reconfiguring 2 tables to accommodate a group of 6 or 8 folks. We could have ordered, eaten and left at least 1 hour earlier. Otherwise, it's a happening place, thanks !

1 Thank Kiki0412
kingston, ny
“Love the otter”
Reviewed August 31, 2013

Had dinner here with my wife for the first time and loved my meal and my craft beer. I had the curry dusted flounder with Carmelized onions and scallion with sautéed vegetables and brew city fries and everything was delicious. I ordered a blueberry ale beer which was great also. The service was the fastest that I have ever had. Within a couple of minutes we had our salads. As we were just finishing our salad our appetizer arrived and about 5 minutes later our entrees arrived. As soon as we told our waiter we were done our chill was on the table a minute later. Kudos to our waiter. I would recommend the otter for the food and the craft beers. You can sit outside to eat.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank worldtraveller715
Sutton, Massachusetts
“Slow service”
Reviewed August 26, 2013

Went on a Saturday night after climbing at the Gunks. We just rappelled 3 pitches in the dark and went straight to the Gilded Otter. I thought the beer was good, but the service was super slow, which is pretty torturous when you are HUNGRY. Food was ok. It was a nice mix of people - young and old.

• Visited August 2013