“Very nice”

Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Hyde Park, New York
“Very nice”
Reviewed April 30, 2013

Went for a quick dinner with my daughter. We both ordered angus cheeseburgers.The food arrived quickly, cooked to order and was very good. The burgers were tender and had the taste of angus beef, buns were toasted and the steak fries that are served with the burgers were crisp and hot. The only thing I would suggest is to season the fries when they come out of the fryer. There was no salt on them at all. The doors were open and a breeze came through the dining room on this spring day. Since I was driving and had a child with me it was nice that they have rootbeer on tap, that was enjoyable, although the beer selection sounded great....another time, on my next visit.

Syracuse, New York
“Great lunch spot”
Reviewed April 21, 2013

We stopped here for a quick lunch while knocking about New Paltz on a beautifully (and unusually summerlike) spring day, and had a great lunch. Their beer selection is good, and they serve a sampler of in-house brews that are great.

Food was excellent as well, and they have outside dining when the weather's nice.

Visited April 2013
Warsaw, Poland
“A nice place to lunch”
Reviewed April 14, 2013

Had a late lunch at the Otter when visiting New Paltz. Seemed like a nice, family place and was still running smoothly around 3pm. Food was good, a bit standard bar fare, but the black bean soup was tasty and the quesadillas didn't disappoint. Micro-brewed beer would have been nice to sample, but it was a bit early. Apparently, you can take it home. Nice stop.

“Family Friendly Brewery”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Went to the Gilded Otter for the 1st time with my wife, my 16 year old son, my 12 year old son and his 2 friends. We were greeted promptly and were seated upstairs. My wife and I didn't try any of the numerous selections of Beer because we are being responsible adults lol..we will save that for date night :) Anyway we checked out the menu and there was a wide variety of food pasta,pizza,burgers,fish,etc. The service was very good and we were pleased with it. It's pretty cool for the kids to check out the copper and stainless steel vats of beer that were on display and integrated into the theme of the restaurant which they actually use. Overall it's a great experience for the whole family..something for everyone.

Upstate NY
“We'll be back”
Reviewed April 7, 2013

We ate at the Gilded Otter on the way home from a day trip with our son. My wife went to the college in town and she wanted a nostalgia stop. While I drove she found the Gilded Otter on Trip Advisor. The service was very good, the restaurant was clean and we had a much better meal than I anticipated. The menu is not huge, but has a good variety of options. The food is prepared with above average (above the average chain restaurant) ingredients and it tastes that way. Dinner for 2 adults and one child including 1 beer was $50. They do have a children's menu, desert is included in the kids choices and my son was impressed with dressed up ice cream sandwich. The portion size of our dinners was very good and we had no room to try any other desert.