“A nice place to lunch”

Ranked #6 of 100 Restaurants in New Paltz
Good for: Families with children, Bar scene, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed April 14, 2013

Had a late lunch at the Otter when visiting New Paltz. Seemed like a nice, family place and was still running smoothly around 3pm. Food was good, a bit standard bar fare, but the black bean soup was tasty and the quesadillas didn't disappoint. Micro-brewed beer would have been nice to sample, but it was a bit early. Apparently, you can take it home. Nice stop.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

Went to the Gilded Otter for the 1st time with my wife, my 16 year old son, my 12 year old son and his 2 friends. We were greeted promptly and were seated upstairs. My wife and I didn't try any of the numerous selections of Beer because we are being responsible adults lol..we will save that for date night :) Anyway we checked out the menu and there was a wide variety of food pasta,pizza,burgers,fish,etc. The service was very good and we were pleased with it. It's pretty cool for the kids to check out the copper and stainless steel vats of beer that were on display and integrated into the theme of the restaurant which they actually use. Overall it's a great experience for the whole family..something for everyone.

Reviewed April 7, 2013

We ate at the Gilded Otter on the way home from a day trip with our son. My wife went to the college in town and she wanted a nostalgia stop. While I drove she found the Gilded Otter on Trip Advisor. The service was very good, the restaurant was clean and we had a much better meal than I anticipated. The menu is not huge, but has a good variety of options. The food is prepared with above average (above the average chain restaurant) ingredients and it tastes that way. Dinner for 2 adults and one child including 1 beer was $50. They do have a children's menu, desert is included in the kids choices and my son was impressed with dressed up ice cream sandwich. The portion size of our dinners was very good and we had no room to try any other desert.

Reviewed March 27, 2013

We usually stop to eat and chat after climbing/ hiking in the area.
The food is ok , I like the burger and the hot wings.
You should try the beer garden ( 8 sample of different beers)

Reviewed March 19, 2013

Went on a Saturday afternoon in February. Although it looked crowded outside, it wasn't inside. We were seated immediately upstairs. The restaurant could use a real good cleaning. Carpet was FILTHY and dust all over the shelves and light fixtures. Yuk!
We were here once before and the menu then was impressive. Thats why we went back. Its no longer what we remembered. So limited. The usual burgers, sandwiches and appetizers. I ordered the chicken wings and a ceasar salad. My husband had a turkey wrap. The wings, salad and wrap all came at the same time. Guess we had to skip the appetizer? Anyway, the Ceasar Salad was so bad I couldn't eat it. Dressing was soupy and bland. Lettuce was at least a day old. How can you go wrong with a Ceasar Salad? Waiter never came back to ask how things were otherwise I would have returned it. Wings were dry. The wrap was average at best. I did have the Hugenot St. beer which was nice tasting but a bit on the warm side. I like going to breweries and had such a nice experience the first time we went to the "Otter." But this time was so disappointing. Won't be going back and can't recommend.