“I wish this was the first place I ate in New Paltz”

Gilded Otter Brewing Company
Ranked #7 of 102 Restaurants in New Paltz
Good for: Bar scene, Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed September 6, 2012

The food is the best! I love going here. Every time my parents come up we go here and the food is always outstanding. The pulled pork is juicy and tasty as anything, the fries are really good too. The burgers are amazing. Almost everything I've had there has been great, I don't like their chili. The beers are very good as well, and if you have kids their root beer is very tasty. Try the buffalo chicken wings, they are served with the yummiest garlic blue cheese!

Reviewed September 3, 2012

Three friends and I went there after a 7mile hike. We were tired and hungry and looked forward to our meal. The food was mediocre at best, but my companions loved the beer. The service was friendly,but spotty. We waited a long time for our beverage refills.

1  Thank zillexamom
Reviewed August 25, 2012

We went after our hike. The food wasn't great, it was mediocre. The beer was really good. Service was really slow on a Saturday night. Go for a beer and don't have high expectations for the food and you'll be set.

1  Thank sabell
Reviewed August 24, 2012

I stopped in during what worked out to be a 28 mile bike ride on the Wallkill Valley Rail Trail on a Friday afternoon. The place was kind of empty and the patio where I sat had only 2 tables. I had a bacon cheeseburger was special simply because they actually got the medium-rare right. Many places have no idea what medium-rare is but the Otter nailed it. The burger was very tasty and the fries were very good. The beer selections, I thought, we're limited but they were good all the me. I had a blueberry lager and it was delicious. I am not sue, based on the menu, that I would make this a destination for a special event but I would certainly go for drinks and appetizers. I will certainly stop here again during a bike ride.

Reviewed August 20, 2012

Beautiful interior with lots of space eat inside or outside.... menu is everthing from light snacks to full course meals... beer brewed on premesis full bar and seperate dining areas.