“Parents Beware!”

Add it.
Bridge Creek Cafe
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Brunch, Dinner, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
New Paltz, New York
“Parents Beware!”
Reviewed June 16, 2014

Went there for brunch on Father's Day with six adults and two babies. The service was extremely slow. Although the food was decent, when I asked the waitress if they could scramble an egg for my 9 month old daughter, I was told that they could not do that. The server explained that they only had enough portions for as many patrons they planned on having in a day. My husband asked to substitute his fries for a different side (one my daughter could eat), and was told no subtitutions were allowed. While we were prepared with food for our daughter, we were baffled that they could not spare one egg to scramble! They have a dog menu on their regular menu, but no childrens menu. Needless to say, the decent french toast was not worth my overall experience, and I will not be returning, as it was not child friendly in the least.

• Visited June 2014

New York
“Sunday Brunch”
Reviewed May 28, 2014

Took friends for Sunday Brunch. First time since new ownership at Bridge Creek Café. Outdoor seating is really nice & service really quick. Great brunch/lunch selections (vegan avail too). Go early, so as to get the outdoor seats; then browse the lovely shops included at location's Water Street Market.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank Toothfairy17
“Great food, great view, really poor service”
Reviewed April 24, 2014 via mobile

We decided to eat here as it seemed like a great place for my wife who has several food allergies, and also because we could sit outside with our dog. It took about twenty minutes and three strips to complain before we got drinks and menus. From there we waited what felt like forever for our food. The waitress said there was a large table ahead of us, but it was clear other guests were also not happy with the wait. The food was somewhat expensive, but portion size and quality were great. Would have rated this a 4 if service was better...

Visited April 2014
Athens, New York
“Very good meal with an awesome view”
Reviewed March 19, 2014

Trying to find a restaurant that caters and understands my wife and I health issues/concerns is difficult, but, Bridge Creek truly did an excellent job. My wife had salmon and I had a salmon wrap. Both were superb. The view of the mountains was an added bonus. We will look forward to a future trip.

• Visited March 2014
Syracuse, New York, United States
“Superb food in simple setting. ”
Reviewed January 19, 2014 via mobile

We're not the type to care all that much about the setting of a restaurant IF the food is worth the trip. In this case, our instincts held true. The Bridge Street cafe offered outstanding burgers and a kick butt creole shrimp and grits plate we never expected to taste this far north of the Mason Dixon line. Carrot cake for dessert was creamy and chewy at the same time. The dining room decor is more ice cream shop meets diner than 4 star fare. But the quality far exceeds the ambiance so all is forgiven. Highly Recommended .