“Wholesome, Fresh Food”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed August 5, 2014

Just had lunch with some friends and this restaurant never fails. You order at a counter, seat yourself (Indoors or out,) and your name is called when your order is ready. Patrons are responsible for picking up their own napkins and silverware and returning upon finishing, thus you bus your own meal. The food is incredible. Everything is prepared freshly, using local ingredients as much as possible. Salads, sandwiches and paninis will fill the emptiest appetites. Take out comprises a considerable amount of the business. Prices are reasonable and quality is terrific.

Reviewed July 14, 2014

A little too fancy for our very picky kids, but I'll be back without them! There's wonderful flavors with hearty portions. Yummmmmm!

Reviewed June 23, 2014

Some of the tastiest food I've ever eaten. I would seriously consider a 3 hour round trip just for take-out.

And as my wife would tell you, I can be pretty critical when it comes to food and restaurants.

We stopped here with our 1 year old on our way back to Albany. My only regret is that now that I've eaten here I'm worried I'll become critical of our favorites around home.

The staff were friendly and helpful, the restaurant was clean (including the restroom), and if I didn't make it clear above the food is some of the best I've ever experienced.
The menu was expansive, including items for any type of eater. It's a perfect place to come in for a glass of wine and sandwich, for a full meal, or just for dessert.

While I'm sure many would love to see this be a sit-down wait-service restaurant, I suspect they are able to keep prices so reasonable by not having a large staff.

My recommendation: if you find yourself within 40 miles of this place and feel your stomach rumbling, make a beeline for it.

Reviewed May 28, 2014

We live close to Main Course so we go there often for lunch, dinner or snacks. It's delicious and they always have great specials to choose from. The food is from local farms and presentation is always top notch.

We chose Main Course to cater my daughters wedding this past weekend, We are so glad we did! From our initial meeting with Heather we were confident that they would do a great job. Between Bruce, the owner, Heather and Amanda we were always made to feel special and our business was important to them. They also calmed our nerves by always being one step ahead of the game.

The day of the wedding they were so accommodating. Since I am in the restaurant business too, it is very hard to sit back and hope everything gets done. I had no worries and they did not disappoint. I did not get a chance to eat much at the cocktail reception but my guests raved about the food. So many choices and they were plentiful!! I did have a chance to taste my dinner, I ordered the steak and it was perfectly cooked. Very delicious.

I have always loved Main Course, but now I love it even more! Thank you Bruce, Heather, Amanda and the entire team for helping us have the wedding my daughter dreamed of!!!

1  Thank Janet366
Reviewed March 26, 2014

we've stopped here several times on our way in our out of new paltz and the food has always been very good. it's a nice casual place where you order at the counter and can take your food to a table inside or out on the front porch. the prices are fair, but not cheap. the service has always been very friendly, but the real take away for me is the food -- kind of an updated version of comfort food. very tasty and well prepared. recommended.