“Best Seafood Broil....”

Dining options: Late Night
New Paltz, New York
“Best Seafood Broil....”
Reviewed March 4, 2014

I love the atmosphere of P&G's! It's a pub like atmosphere, very friendly, a bit noisy, but with the greatest food in town! I especially like the Seafood Broil. It consists of a nice slice of Salmon, a few shrimp and a few scallops. All of this is covered with a caper sauce that is to die for! It comes with a salad or soup, vegetables, and either a potato of some sort or rice pilaf. I always get the rice which is made with a few spices, and very tasty. My husband loves the ribs. They just about fall off the bones and are really tender. They also have great pasta dishes. If you want good food, a fun atmosphere, and friendly waiters and waitresses, stop at P&G's for lunch or dinner. I guarantee you won't be disappointed!

• Visited September 2013

New City, New York
“Tasty Burger”
Reviewed February 17, 2014

Small and quaint location with much history. Bar in front with suitable seating arrangements throughout. Service was friendly, and menu offered many treats. I took chance on their burger and it was a winner. Tasty and served in a warm kaiser roll with choice of sides.

• Visited February 2014
New Paltz,NY
“A don't miss in New Paltz”
Reviewed January 15, 2014

This is a comfortable, fast-paced, family run restaurant and bar with good basic food at good prices. It is in the heart of town, at the main crossroads. You'll run into your neighbors here. They make the best ribs in town and their burgers are excellent. Everything else is average but portions are generous and prices very reasonable. Family friendly during the day, after hours - it is a popular student hangout, and the bar gets hopping. Popular with bikers on weekends.

Visited November 2013
South Florida, Florida
“For 30+ years, you can't beat the value of P&G's”
Reviewed October 29, 2013

As a student at New Paltz in the 70's to my recent visits, this is the quintessential New Paltz hang out. When I was going to school, the highlight for P&G's were two things. $1 pitchers of beer, don't know what kind, nor did I care as it did the job, and the most amazing chili I had ever had.

35 years later, I still come back for the best chili and although the beers have rose in price, the combination of the two takes me back in time. P&G's has an entire new menu the last few years, and although Chili with a sweet buttered role is still on the menu, their burgers are out of this world delicious. Zuchini fries are wonderful, along with most everything that I or my family or friends have ordered.

It's truly a deja vu feeling to close my eyes when I visit this place like I did a few weeks ago, and it's like time stood still. Although they have expanded the rooms, and the menu, they have not lost the charm that has made this place a great memory of my past.

• Visited October 2013
“Still rockin after all these years !!”
Reviewed October 1, 2013 via mobile

50 years ago beer and fries!! Returned back home wow what a surprise ! More room and really good food for a bar atmosphere!! Really!! Bartenders rock! Really funny to watch the changing of the guard after 9:00pm . Now I'm the old timer looking at the "kids" how funny! They should only know guys like us paved the way for them ! Don't miss a cold shot of patron! And a great food! And old friends !!
Vinny approved!!!!