“Bar Restaurant but great service and lots of beer”

Bacchus Restaurant Bar & Billiards
Ranked #13 of 100 Restaurants in New Paltz
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed July 5, 2012

Bacchus has an amazing menu of beer. It claims around 400? So if you love beer, come here!
But the food was good, and the service great! My boyfriend ordered the veggie burger and I ordered the tacos. Place was big, has air condition and pool. A nice spot. Recommended!

Reviewed June 26, 2012

Love the beer menu, but the food is terrible. Sysco premade, frozen crap. If they scaled up their food a bit more I'd be there more often.

Reviewed May 30, 2012

They have the best selection of beer in the area - at least a dozen different unique taps both local and belgians and a large extensive selection of bottled beers. Have been here several times and the best service we received was at the bar. Table service was slow, tables were very dirty, service was not very friendly, we were never offered another round of beers. Dinner entrees are a tad pricey..$18 burrito! I now just go to the bar for beers when I am in the neighborhood. The atmosphere is nice and bartenders are very knowledgeable.

Reviewed April 23, 2012

solid menu featuring food from local farms. They have done a good job. Choices for all tastes.

1  Thank philip v
Reviewed March 3, 2012

The beer list may seem overwhelming, but the bartenders have a good knowledge of the beers and can deliver one you'll love. We sat at the bar to warm up, get a beer and split a late lunch. We got a California turkey wrap and it was awesome, simple but well executed. The menu is pretty eclectic for bar food, which I love. I might not sit down for dinner there, but I still always go to Baccus when I'm in New Paltz.