“Not bad...could be better”
Review of Main Street Bistro

Main Street Bistro
Ranked #2 of 100 Restaurants in New Paltz
Cuisines: French, Seafood
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast
Reviewed July 27, 2013 via mobile

We went here for lunch on our way north. The place sits in the heart of town with a number of other places to eat all around it. Unfortunately, we were seated by a miserable college student and also waited on by another miserable student. Our food came quick.. which was nice. Good portions and tasty. But trying to get another drink during lunch was a challenge. After being ignored by our waiter, who looked at me and just went about his way, and the kid that seated us just blowing past our table... I was able to ask the waiter from another table for a drink. Overall..I'd go back for the food...but rather serve myself then deal with the attitude.

Reviewed July 25, 2013 via mobile

Just finished breakfast. I have to say that the homfries had a rancid taste. We were never asked about the food by the server. He must have known the food was off. As far as atmosphere, it needs much to be desired. On way out was almost clipped by a resteraunt employee who just missed backing up into my car. What a disaster. I will now search for something to eat.

Reviewed July 21, 2013

Love, love, love this restaurant. Much of the staff seems to have been there for a long time. They also seem to be happy all the time! From the salads to the pancakes to the burgers, soups, desserts - all excellent! Sometimes there is a wait but never long and always worth it. We drive 40 minutes to get there - that's how good it is.

Reviewed July 20, 2013

We came here with our two girls and had a wonderful meal and good service. I had the Alamo which hit the spot and my wife had the eggs benedict which she loved. The value was excellent on every dish we got. Would love to visit again.

Reviewed July 11, 2013

The setting is more 1960's San Fran or Woodstock than "bistro" but seemed to suit the local crowd just fine. Service was friendly but the food was nothing special.Grilled chicken on a sandwich was overdone and tough.