“Ummm NO please!!”

Cuisines: French, Seafood
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast
Reviewed January 21, 2013

This is probably the worst restaurant I have dine at..period!!
The place seems like a nice bar to hang out, have a drink, watch a game etc but the food just plain suck!!

Ordered Barley soup - tasted so burnt and bad had to leave it after a few sips
The veggie burger was between 2 slices of toast, was not at all tasty.
The only saving grace were the nachos which we ordered for the appetizer. In that too, I don't know who puts slices of cheese (instead of shredded cheese) on nachos. Had barely any vegetarian chili.

The service was good, no other complaints from the place, but the food was just plain terrible!

I will not recommend this place to anyone. Sorry this probably is my worst review I have ever given on tripadvisor, but i am not going to lie!!

Reviewed January 13, 2013 via mobile

Food is good, but waitstaff looks miserable. This is my second visit, but no luck on a happy waitstaff.
Good news is that the food is good!

Reviewed October 26, 2012

We met our granddaughter at Main St. She is attending New Paltz college and suggested this place. Went to Main St. Bistro for breakfast and what a great meal it was! I had the Franklin Lakes Cranberry Cakes and all I can say is "YUMMMM-O!" My husband had the Eggs benedict - OK but he wasn't as much in love with them as I was with my pancakes. He said the eggs were overcooked - more like hard boiled. He should have sent them back but he's a man. Anyway, it's a nice little place to grab a quick bite. Wish we were closer so we could eat here more often. Our granddaughter and her friends love this place - and now I know why!

Reviewed October 25, 2012

This was a wonderful place for breakfast. It gets pretty busy, but we went early and beat the rush. A lot of delicious choices on the menu, so I would go back to try something else. The prices are good and the service was awesome as well.

Reviewed October 22, 2012

My husband and I were headed up to Mohonk Mountain House for a day of hiking. When I checked out their brunch and found out it was an outrageous $60 per person, I thought, we can do much better in New Paltz. And we did! The Main Street Bistro was a delight. My husband had the Franklin Lakes Cranberry (Pan)Cakes, and I had the Huckleberry Frolic, scrambled eggs with all sorts of vegies in a soft tortilla. We were stuffed, we loved the food, and our cups of coffee were refilled numerous times. We arrived before 9 a.m. and had a short wait. By the time we left, the crowd of people waiting to get in was out the door, and it appeared that way all day long. The tab for 2 people was under $20 (with tip, a little more). My only regret - that we didn't return for an early dinner.

1  Thank raethecpa