“A genuine treat”

Anatolia
Ranked #13 of 100 Restaurants in New Paltz
Cuisines: Turkish
Reviewed December 12, 2012

My husband and I enjoyed lunch there today. We both ordered the Lamb Shish Sandwich (marinated cubed lamb on fresh veggies in a pita). My goodness was this awesome. The lamb was perfect - tender and tasted delicious. I normally suffer through lettuce, tomatoes, etc on a sandwich but this was almost better than the lamb. Fresh (locally sourced I believe) red and green peppers, arugula, onion slices and a square of herbed feta cheese. Came with a large mound of perfectly done fries and a version of tzatikziki sauce and home made tasting chili-ketchup. Also ordered the appetizers baked pita chips and tapenade. MMMM. Try the Turkish tea for a full effect. Server was so sweet, very attentive and the restaurant was very quiet on a Wednesday lunch. We thought this was one of the best meals that we've had in a loong time. Will be back!

1  Thank donna712
There are newer reviews for Anatolia

Reviewed October 18, 2012

While vacationing in the area, we chose to have lunch at this restaurant and we are so VERY happy that we did! The food was absolutely SUPERB! I ordered the Anatolian Veggie Plate which consists of a medley of sauteed vegetables in a traditional Turkish tomato marinade served on a bed of rice or bulger. I chose the bulger. Each bite was truly something to savor. My husband had a Chicken Shish Sandwich which I tasted and we both loved. Food is perfectly cooked, beautifully seasoned and ingredients are very fresh. The baklava, made with crushed pistachio nuts and served warm was simply divine. Portions are very generous and beautifully presented. We appreciated that the owner took the time to ask how we liked everything. I responded by telling him, SUPERB! Our waitress was very friendly and most attentive. Our lunch was truly most memorable! Can't wait to return!

1  Thank rpp777
Reviewed September 8, 2012

Delicious well-prepared food. I had the falafel platter which was amazing. My husband truly enjoyed his red snapper dinner. My stepdaughter also gave high marks for the swordfish. The portions are huge. I can't wait to go back again!

2  Thank DogLoverDebbie
Reviewed September 6, 2012

I ate here only once but it was very good. I had never had Turkish food and I had no idea what to expect. The service was very nice. The price was average and we had a good dinner.

2  Thank clover1991
Reviewed August 20, 2012

if you love izme, babaganoush, bulgar/rice, pita bread, baklava, and shiskabob.... this is the place for you!!!! Delicious Turkish food with clean fresh atmosphere right on main street NP. This is our "go to" Friday night resteraunt