“Pleasantly surprised”

Anatolia
Ranked #20 of 100 Restaurants in New Paltz
Cuisines: Turkish
Reviewed September 6, 2012

I ate here only once but it was very good. I had never had Turkish food and I had no idea what to expect. The service was very nice. The price was average and we had a good dinner.

2  Thank clover1991

Reviewed August 20, 2012

if you love izme, babaganoush, bulgar/rice, pita bread, baklava, and shiskabob.... this is the place for you!!!! Delicious Turkish food with clean fresh atmosphere right on main street NP. This is our "go to" Friday night resteraunt

Reviewed August 14, 2012

We have eaten at Anatolia a few times and had a very good experience. This night however was like a bad twilight zone. I had to remind the server that we needed menus before we ordered and she looked at us and decided she was giving our table to the other server who was experiencing his first day at work judging by his lack of knowledge a preparedness. I ordered a beer and had to settle for my third choice, because THEY DID NOT HAVE ANY TURKISH BEER LEFT! The appetizer was good, but they never gave us the bread basket that was on every table and before we had even finished the appys,they were trying to move it away and put the entrees down. The food thank goodness was very good. If you have been to Turkey, you will recognize most items as street food, which is fine. When asked if wanted coffee or desert I asked for Turkish Coffee, AND THEY DID NOT HAVE ANY!!!! At that point I lost it and when the owner walked in the door, I introduced myself and let him know how disappointing this visit was. şansın açık olsun!

1  Thank tarynpeter
Reviewed August 11, 2012 via mobile

Good clean turkish inspired food. Service was with a smile. Food came out on time. And the portions matched the taste Large!!!!! Great to see they reopened with inspiration and quality at heart. Good job guys. Enjoy !!

2  Thank MOmo827
Reviewed July 20, 2012

We were visiting the New Paltz area (My daughter was looking at the college there),We looked in all the restaurants and decided to go here. I was thrilled the food was great and the waitress was wonderful.The young lady told us all about the area and even offered my daughter to show her the area. My husband loves to make hummus which I hate. I tried the hummus here and it is the only hummus I eat, every time my daughter comes home I ask her to bring me some.

3  Thank Tina T