“A Treat”

Anatolia
Ranked #18 of 101 Restaurants in New Paltz
Cuisines: Turkish
Reviewed July 20, 2012

We were visiting the New Paltz area (My daughter was looking at the college there),We looked in all the restaurants and decided to go here. I was thrilled the food was great and the waitress was wonderful.The young lady told us all about the area and even offered my daughter to show her the area. My husband loves to make hummus which I hate. I tried the hummus here and it is the only hummus I eat, every time my daughter comes home I ask her to bring me some.

3  Thank Tina T

Reviewed July 15, 2012 via mobile

The service was Extremely slow-- waited 40 min+ for a sanwldwich on Sunday noon. The food made me have a stomachache. Regret a lot for trying it. Will never recommend this to anyone or go back myself.

Reviewed June 26, 2012

The sidewalks were busy at noon on Sunday and there were lots of opportuniies for lunch. We selected Anatolia because nice-sounding specials on the sandwich board on the sidewalk. We were the first in the dining room, and the waitress had to go outside to get aquainted with the specials - we were on the verge of walking out. It was a good thing we did not. Being cautious, we ordered one pannini special (the waitress assured us that it was large enough for two), and with the potential savings we treated ourselves to the stuffed grapeleaves appetizer. Two excellent choices. The food was superb, albeit spicy that was adjustable (the spicy tomato and sour cream additions wer in small separate dishes).
By the time we were leaving, the place was bustling, there were three waitresses to serve the small place and everyone seemed happy. We certainly were.
Highly recommended for food with Turkish flavor.

2  Thank Henn R
Reviewed April 23, 2012

I thoroughly enjoyed my meal at Anatoli. The prices are somewhat high but my chicken was good and moist. It was interesting to see so many Turkish students frequent the place for a small bite to eat or some tea. Hope they stay around. There are plenty of option for both meat eaters and vegetarians.

1  Thank Marc K
Reviewed March 12, 2012

We have only eaten there once and that ws enough to make us never want to go back. The salad was drowned in balsamic vinegar, the hummus was awful, and the lentil soup was decent.