“Nice Dinner”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed August 8, 2013

Once we found this place (tiny sign on the road), we were pleased with the experience. I did have to call from my cell phone as no one was at the hostess stand when we arrived but it WAS about 5:15. They have a variety of beers and the dinners are creative and tasty. The place resembles the old log construction of a bygone era so it is a nice find.

1  Thank Sliphorn

Reviewed August 4, 2013

We ate dinner on the covered patio of Rock & Rye, a restaurant tavern in an historic house and lush country setting on Huguenot Street. The grounds are beautiful. Excellent entrees we selected included grilled seafood and grilled pork chop. My husband raved about a creamed corn dish. I especially liked both the pickled jicama and black rice, both new to me. The Rock & Rye Manhattan was tasty, and there was an array of craft beers. That evening a bluegrass trio (banjo, bass and mandolin) played in a pavilion on the grounds. They are very talented musicians. Our server was hospitable and attentive. We had a wonderful time.

Reviewed July 28, 2013

I wish there were more stars available, because this place absolutely deserves them! The food- unbelievably delectable, local, incredibly inventive, always satisfying. The staff- super attentive, knowledgeable & always friendly. The atmosphere- romantic yet casual with a lovely outdoor area, and dog-friendly. Every time I go the menu is completely different from the last, save for the mind-blowingly delicious panko breaded portobello steak fries drizzled in truffle oil and served with creamy garlic aoli. Delish! If you're lucky enough to have this special available when you're there- absolutely get the steelhead trout ceviche served with chili-spiked creme fresh, spring pea purée & homemade chips. Wow.

Reviewed July 21, 2013

In the last year+ this restaurant and bar has made great strides. The bar (and gin menu in particular) has gotten better, as well as a bit quicker. The service is faster, the food more consistent, and I definitely consider this on the very short list of restaurants in the area worth visiting. Very good. Try those classic drinks!

Reviewed July 19, 2013

We went on a Wednesday evening, kind of late for the area (nearly 8 PM!). The restaurant is a bit out of the way, on the grounds of the golf course. But well worth finding. Food was really delicious, prices were reasonable for what we had, and service was great!