“Yes, all the reviews are true” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Rodeway Inn and Suites

Rodeway Inn and Suites
Ranked #5 of 6 Hotels in New Paltz
Amherst, New York
“Yes, all the reviews are true”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Can someplace be as bad as described, Yes it can.
The inn was full this weekend because of Hurricane Sandy, I got the one room let with a single bed because @ $ 131 a night the electricians and tree crews were not paying that rate solo or doubled up in a king bed. I however had to pay the full rip off rate for my stay.
I have low expectation and the Inn strove to under preform even those. The room smelled, the bed was mushy, the diverter in the tub was poor. I can overlook many thing if I get a good shower. The room had the look of inattentiveness.
Do not stay here for over $70 a night and then think about spending more else where. Check the tub, bad shower switch rooms.
Yes, breakfast was cereal, muffins and hostess donuts, whole milk from the gallon bottle, an empty OJ bottle and what was passed off as coffee from the wheezing, gurgling machine.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Eureka, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2012

Ripped off!! I checked in very late (3:45 AM) after long traveling. I was told that my debit card didn't work so I paid cash. Ha Ha! My debit card was charged also. Upon learning this I began attempting to contact the manager, Mr. Patel. After a month I finally caught him on the phone but of course...I'm scammed! Just try calling and ask for Mr. Patel- he will not admit it is him and he will ask you why you're calling. Seems like he's busy dodging people! Oh...in addition and truthfully...My room STANK. Dirty sheets. Gross shower stall. TERRIBLE EXPERIENCE. Worst place I've been all year and put me in a crap mood on my vacation...then I got double-billed!

Room Tip: Do Not Stay Here
2 Thank paul p
Pittsford, Vermont
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2012

I pulled in off the highway exhausted and was just glad to be out of the car, so I found something to eat and crashed immediately. What I found in the morning was that the diverter inside the shower wall did not work and so no water came out of the shower head. The tub is not something I'd have considered filling as other reviews here explain. The hot water diluted in the lobby that's euphemistically referred to as a coffee maker gave me one cup of light brown liquid then just a cup of dirty water. There was NO acknowledgement from the front desk addressing my complaints. Corporate replies to me w/ form letters but not one word of making things right. When I spend my money, I expect a different experience.

3 Thank Karen R
Dexter, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2012

1 star motel 3 star rates.
All other reviews say it all.
I did have a black shower too one morning.
room wasn't too bad, handicapped accessible but no grab rails, hand shower or chair in shower.
Possibly owners car blocking/ in handicapped spots, no curb cuts ect... ect.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank KeithA149
New Jersey
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2012

There should be a zero star option for places like this. It seemed ok enough from the Choice Websites but the pictures on the site are not even close to the filth of this place. Carpet is stained and smells moldy. the bathroom had mold in the grout and rust around the fixtures. The bed was also stained and so dirty looking we ended up sleeping in sleeping bags on top of the bed. We had it for two nights but knew right away we would only stay the one and then just move but they insisted that we'd have to pay for two because we didn't cancel the whole reservation within 24 hours. Nimit Patel the owner and GM is rude and surly. STAY AWAY!!!!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank joemcd
Herkimer, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2012

Nightmare place. Old, VERY smelly--from the moment I walked into the office to my room which smelled like urine. I needed some water to take medicines, but the machine was empty...the girl on duty informed me there were no bottles of water anywhere. The tap water smelled of heavy chlorination, so I had to drive to a gas station to get a bottle of water. Worst of all, the place cost me $131.00 (Expedia rate).

Room Tip: Find another place..maybe a B & B....
1 Thank Faye E
Littleton, co
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2012

We bought 2 nights through priceline for a $100.00 per night. It was 1 star which was all that was offered in New Paltz. The room was a smoking room, it stunk! Even as we woke during the night the stench was unbelievable. IT was the most disgusting room I have ever stayed in. The mattresses were stained, the towels were rough, we were afraid to stay there another night...we had gotten in late or we would have left the first night.
We moved to another hotel 30 minutes away even though we paid for 2 nights,as there was not way we could stay another moment in that room.
Never again will I stay in a roadway inn.

Room Tip: Drive down to Newburgh and get a hotel there.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Mohonk Mountain House
Mohonk Mountain House
#1 of 6 in New Paltz
4.0 of 5 stars 1,746 reviews

Been to Rodeway Inn and Suites? Share your experiences!