“Scammed!”

Rodeway Inn and Suites
Ranked #5 of 5 Hotels in New Paltz
Reviewed September 12, 2012

Ripped off!! I checked in very late (3:45 AM) after long traveling. I was told that my debit card didn't work so I paid cash. Ha Ha! My debit card was charged also. Upon learning this I began attempting to contact the manager, Mr. Patel. After a month I finally caught him on the phone but of course...I'm scammed! Just try calling and ask for Mr. Patel- he will not admit it is him and he will ask you why you're calling. Seems like he's busy dodging people! Oh...in addition and truthfully...My room STANK. Dirty sheets. Gross shower stall. TERRIBLE EXPERIENCE. Worst place I've been all year and put me in a crap mood on my vacation...then I got double-billed!

Room Tip: Do Not Stay Here
2  Thank paul p

Reviewed August 28, 2012

I pulled in off the highway exhausted and was just glad to be out of the car, so I found something to eat and crashed immediately. What I found in the morning was that the diverter inside the shower wall did not work and so no water came out of the shower head. The tub is not something I'd have considered filling as other reviews here explain. The hot water diluted in the lobby that's euphemistically referred to as a coffee maker gave me one cup of light brown liquid then just a cup of dirty water. There was NO acknowledgement from the front desk addressing my complaints. Corporate replies to me w/ form letters but not one word of making things right. When I spend my money, I expect a different experience.

3  Thank Karen R
Reviewed August 12, 2012

1 star motel 3 star rates.
All other reviews say it all.
I did have a black shower too one morning.
room wasn't too bad, handicapped accessible but no grab rails, hand shower or chair in shower.
Possibly owners car blocking/ in handicapped spots, no curb cuts ect... ect.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank KeithA149
Reviewed August 10, 2012

There should be a zero star option for places like this. It seemed ok enough from the Choice Websites but the pictures on the site are not even close to the filth of this place. Carpet is stained and smells moldy. the bathroom had mold in the grout and rust around the fixtures. The bed was also stained and so dirty looking we ended up sleeping in sleeping bags on top of the bed. We had it for two nights but knew right away we would only stay the one and then just move but they insisted that we'd have to pay for two because we didn't cancel the whole reservation within 24 hours. Nimit Patel the owner and GM is rude and surly. STAY AWAY!!!!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank joemcd
Reviewed July 16, 2012

Nightmare place. Old, VERY smelly--from the moment I walked into the office to my room which smelled like urine. I needed some water to take medicines, but the machine was empty...the girl on duty informed me there were no bottles of water anywhere. The tap water smelled of heavy chlorination, so I had to drive to a gas station to get a bottle of water. Worst of all, the place cost me $131.00 (Expedia rate).

Room Tip: Find another place..maybe a B & B....
1  Thank Faye E
Reviewed May 17, 2012

We bought 2 nights through priceline for a $100.00 per night. It was 1 star which was all that was offered in New Paltz. The room was a smoking room, it stunk! Even as we woke during the night the stench was unbelievable. IT was the most disgusting room I have ever stayed in. The mattresses were stained, the towels were rough, we were afraid to stay there another night...we had gotten in late or we would have left the first night.
We moved to another hotel 30 minutes away even though we paid for 2 nights,as there was not way we could stay another moment in that room.
Never again will I stay in a roadway inn.

Room Tip: Drive down to Newburgh and get a hotel there.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Karen S
Reviewed January 31, 2012

Needed an affordable place to stay for a family party that was taking place in Poughkeepsie, NY. All the hotels in the Poughkeepsie area were overpriced so we decided to reserve in New Paltz. New Paltz is about 5 minutes and Poughkeepsie about 20 minutes from the hotel - perfect location. Rooms were clean and location was quiet. Check in receptionist was very nice. Only 2 disappointments that I had were that the Continental breakfast only had mini donuts and cereal for breakfast. Would have liked a bagel as it shows in the Hotel picture. And secondly, I think it is a little overpriced but would definitely stay again if I needed a room for the Poughkeepsie/New Paltz area.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family
Hampton Inn & Suites Poughkeepsie
Days Inn Poughkeepsie
Days Inn Poughkeepsie
#7 of 13 in Poughkeepsie

Been to Rodeway Inn and Suites? Share your experiences!