Open today: Closed
Review Highlights
Pleasantly surprised

My husband and I turned into the parking lot and weren’t sure we were in the right place! It turns... read more

Reviewed 3 weeks ago
Wendyjo555
Boca Raton, Florida
via mobile
Gorgeous gallery!

Do not miss DM Weil gallery if you are in the New Paltz area! Donna's art is absolutely... read more

Reviewed August 7, 2020
susannawolk
Albany, New York

All reviews hudson valley on display in house amazing artist studio manager prints artwork donna colorful abstract space soho weekend awe itinerary
Selected filters
Reviewed August 9, 2018 via mobile

I was never a big fan of modern art. I am probably still not. But I ended up buying three pieces here. I think that art touches everyone differently. I actually made enough of a connection with a piece at this gallery, I had to walk out with it (a repro anyway). The pieces are creatively enough titled that you spend some time finding the title in the art, and you find it. The owners are a lovely and talented couple and my wife and I truly enjoyed our visit with them. For those of you who, like me, find modern art a little weird, check this gallery out. I think it's eclectic enough to have something for everyone. I'm proof of that.

Date of experience: August 2018
Reviewed August 6, 2018 via mobile

Loved visiting this place! Diane was super friendly and wonderful. I loved hearing her talk about her art and really found her pieces interesting. Bought a few prints to start but I love discovering artists like this in such quaint places like this. I want to be in touch and see how her pieces evolve
Over time. Loved this little gallery.

Date of experience: August 2018
Reviewed July 30, 2018

So glad we were able to visit the gallery during our trip! To be honest, I was drawn first by the complimentary wine/espresso, but the experience itself exceeded my expectation.

We received a warm welcome from Donna's business partner Ken when we arrived on a quiet Sunday morning - he gave us a quick tour of the gallery, showed us the print machine that can reproduce artworks on canvas, and took us to see Donna's art studio. It is not everyday you can be inside an artist's work space to witness all the creativity! As an added bonus, we saw two young deers nippling at the grass outside the studio..

Donna's paintings were very colorful and each piece has an interesting story behind. The gallery was very spacious and you can really take your time to soak in the art work with a glass of wine!

Highly recommended for anyone visiting New Paltz.

Date of experience: July 2018
Reviewed June 26, 2018

We stopped in on a Saturday afternoon and were well received. Ken was a gracious host explaining the gallery concept. We entered the original art gallery and were invited to take our time and enjoy the art! We throughly enjoyed every minute there.
The gallery is certainly a place well worth a visit for anyone.

Date of experience: June 2018
Reviewed June 21, 2018

We went as one stop on the self guided Gardiner Open Studio Tour. I didn't even know about this beautiful gallery previously, and was happy to learn that they also do printing, as I am also an artist. The artist was very welcoming and happy to show us her work, and the large gallery itself was open and bright. Her work was fresh, colorful and exciting.

Date of experience: June 2018