“Stop here you won't be disappointed!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of DM Weil Gallery

DM Weil Gallery
Ranked #2 of 26 things to do in New Paltz
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Available to view Mon - Thurs by appointment. Please call the gallery. At over 3,000 square feet, DM Weil Gallery may be one of the largest modern art galleries in New York's Hudson Valley. Just a short drive from the center of picturesque New Paltz, DM Weil Gallery offers the look and vibe of an exclusive Soho style exhibition space, but with the majestic Shawangunk mountains as a backdrop. The eye-popping abstract creations of acclaimed painter DM Weil -- has been praised by critics and collectors alike, the gallery's mission statement remains, "Why Can't Fine Art Be Fun?".
Armonk, New York
“Stop here you won't be disappointed!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 13, 2014

We went with our children for the day. Beautiful studio and fabulous art! We purchased two pieces. Our children were thrilled to meet the artist herself. Warm friendly environment and very child friendly. A must if you are anywhere in the area!
Robyn and Jeff

Visited February 2014
DM W, Owner at DM Weil Gallery, responded to this review, February 20, 2014
I'm so glad you brought the children by to enjoy a day at the gallery, Robyn! Thank you for leaving us such a wonderful review. I hope the two pieces you purchased are living happily ever after in your home. Come by and see us again anytime!

New York City, New York
“Off the beaten path...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 20, 2013

While driving in the country to take a break from the city lights, we stumbled upon an art gallery that was wonderful. Eye opening modern art, with a whimsical twist rounded off this enjoyable find of art, wine and conversation. This is a "don't miss", but keep your eyes open or you just might! i say Go, go, go!

Visited November 2013
DM W, Owner at DM Weil Gallery, responded to this review, February 14, 2014
Thank you for your kind words, Jane! I'm so happy you stumbled across us during your drive into the country. Art, wine, and conversation is what we're all about — I'm glad we made for such a pleasant stop! Hope you'll come and see us again the next time you're in the area.

Syracuse, New York, United States
“Loved it!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 11, 2013

Beautiful studio and artwork, with a welcoming atmosphere. A bit of a hidden gem on the outskirts of New Paltz, NY, the DM Weil gallery is a must-see for fans of modern art!

Visited November 2013
DM W, Owner at DM Weil Gallery, responded to this review, February 14, 2014
Thank you so much for your kind words back in November, Mark! I hope you'll come out and see us soon. We'd love to catch up and chat.

Toledo, OH
“Perfect Afternoon!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 18, 2013

I loved this place! After seeing a card for an artist open studio tour, my friends and I decided to partake after our hike at Minnewaska State Park. Wow were we surprised! DM Weil Gallery was the start point for this 9 artist tour. They were gracious, helpful and had a wealth of knowledge about the area and the other artists on the tour. We got a map, two cups of espresso, and a very fun afternoon. DM Weil's art is extraordinary. So much color and energy. We bought a few prints for giving in the nearing holiday season and left with a small free print of our own. The gallery space was open and bright and reminded me of something i might see in nyc but larger and friendlier. Check this place out, you won't be disappointed !

Visited October 2013
DM W, Owner at DM Weil Gallery, responded to this review, February 26, 2014
Thank you for your lovely review, Grace! I'm so happy to hear we played such a part in making your afternoon perfect. Your kind words truly mean a lot. I hope you'll think of coming back to see us again soon!

Gardiner, NY
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Gallery tours”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 16, 2013

My husband and I went on the Gardiner Artist Studio Tour in the town of Gardiner, NY. Very interesting. One gallery was the DM Weil Gallery, contemporary artwork. . The gallery is a beautiful space. And the art work is unique. Manager Ken was very welcoming. A definite stop if you're in Gardiner.

Visited October 2013
DM W, Owner at DM Weil Gallery, responded to this review, February 14, 2014
Thanks for taking the time to recommend us to others, Pat and Ken! I'll pass along your praises to Ken as well. I hope you'll come back and see us sometime. I'd love the chance to chat with you about my work!