“Inspiring Art!” 5 of 5 bubbles

DM Weil Gallery
Ranked #2 of 26 things to do in New Paltz
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Available to view Mon - Thurs by appointment. Please call the gallery. At over 3,000 square feet, DM Weil Gallery may be one of the largest modern art galleries in New York's Hudson Valley. Just a short drive from the center of picturesque New Paltz, DM Weil Gallery offers the look and vibe of an exclusive Soho style exhibition space, but with the majestic Shawangunk mountains as a backdrop. The eye-popping abstract creations of acclaimed painter DM Weil -- has been praised by critics and collectors alike, the gallery's mission statement remains, "Why Can't Fine Art Be Fun?".
Poughkeepsie, New York
“Inspiring Art!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 6, 2013

I love this space and the art! I was driving with my husband and kids and saw a road sign pointing to a gallery. We stopped and pulled into a driveway with a few buildings that looked plain and barnlike but with gold metal siding. Wow, so impressive, professional and inspiring. The kids were mesmerized and we enjoyed looking at the contemporary pieces with the artist around to ask any questions and explain a little something about the pieces. Arts my thing but my husband really liked the art too. We were offered wine, espresso, soda for the kids, all for free. So glad we decided to stop. It was truly a bright spot in our day ordinary day. Later we searched trip advisor and saw all the glowing reviews. Worth a trip!

Visited October 2013

Edison, New Jersey
“Unexpected delight”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 2, 2013

We had no expectations when decided to try to find this gallery, and ended up spending half of the afternoon there chatting with the manager and artist. Very pleasant experience. Everything about the gallery's operation is smooth and efficient. But if the art pieces themselves don't hold the water then none of the above would matter. Not the case here. Donna is a wonderful artist and we will definitely go back soon.

New York City, New York
“Wonderful”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2013

Along with my sisters and cousins (7 of us) visited the gallery after a trip to a winery just down the road, (Robibero winery) it was a wonderful surprise. Donna's gallery is a treat for the art lover, so colorful, classy and inspirational. If ever in the New Paltz area, make sure you visit the gallery, you will be greeted by Ken with wine, cappuccino and a smile. Donna will be welcoming and friendly. I will be visiting again with more friends and family.

New York, New York, United States
“Beautiful and creative”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2013

Beautiful gallery. I visited this gallery along with my sisters and cousins. My sister Tisha surprised us during our winery trip and introduced us to the artist Donna .We love the arts! Donna is very talented and creative. We felt welcomed and viewed the paintings with no pressure. Ken was also very warming and served us wine and coffee. I really enjoyed my time there. A must see if you are in New Paltz.

White Plains, New York
“Must be seen”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2013

This gallery is really worth the trip. New Paltz is such an artsy town. Donna is a gifted artist, whose talents can really be seen on canvas. Such an array of colors and designs. Must stop by when you are in New Paltz.