“Well worth the trek!”

DM Weil Gallery
Ranked #2 of 26 things to do in New Paltz
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Available to view Mon - Thurs by appointment. Please call the gallery. At over 3,000 square feet, DM Weil Gallery may be one of the largest modern art galleries in New York's Hudson Valley. Just a short drive from the center of picturesque New Paltz, DM Weil Gallery offers the look and vibe of an exclusive Soho style exhibition space, but with the majestic Shawangunk mountains as a backdrop. The eye-popping abstract creations of acclaimed painter DM Weil -- has been praised by critics and collectors alike, the gallery's mission statement remains, "Why Can't Fine Art Be Fun?".
“Well worth the trek!”
Reviewed October 14, 2012

The gallery and the artist were inspiring! I brought my 9 year old son who is interested in art, he never wanted to leave. The work is amazing and the artist spent the time talking to us about her work and even showed us her studio! It is worth the drive from New Paltz, and on the way Minnewaska state park.

Newburgh, New York
“Very Nice!”
Reviewed October 12, 2012

My wife and I found thought the art was amazing and the artist was available to answer any questions we had concerning her work. The art is very colorful and definitely gave me a sense of joy. The space is pretty impressive too with high ceilings and a very open feel to it. After seeing the gallery the artist took us into her studio to show us were she creates the pieces (very orderly) Go see this place and be sure to have a conversation with the artist.

Visited October 2012
New York
“Groovy!”
Reviewed September 27, 2012

Not really a flashback to the past or anything, but bright, bold and colorful. This artist is groovy, smart, interesting and non-pompous. Me and my girlfriend felt so at ease. We had a glass of wine some local baked goods and we were left alone to explore the simple yet elegant gallery space the artist has created for her work. We chatted about pieces and found out a bit about her life in the process. Finding this gallery out in the middle of the woods, was so much fun. Next time me and my other half make another trip from brooklyn, this will be our first stop. Don't miss!

New York City, New York
“Excellent!”
Reviewed September 24, 2012

My wife and I stopped in here during a weekend in the Hudson Valley. The art is very colorful and exciting. We had a chance to talk with the artist about the works and her approach to painting....very enlightening! I definitely recommend this as a stop if you are in the area and want to brighten up your day.

New York City, New York
“I love this place!”
Reviewed September 19, 2012

Don't know how original I can be after reading these reviews, but my experience was truly fabulous. The colors, the space itself, the artist, the manager; it was all so inviting and non-intimidating, as art galleries can be..... I loved the art. It was bright and colorful, and incredibly well balanced. There was so much to see in each piece. Really fascinating. Having the artist on hand made the experience even that much more special. I painted a bit as a teen and think perhaps i will make an attempt to paint again. The gallery was very inspiring as was the artist herself.