“DM Weil Art Gallery A Must Visit!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of DM Weil Gallery

DM Weil Gallery
Ranked #2 of 26 things to do in New Paltz
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Available to view Mon - Thurs by appointment. Please call the gallery. At over 3,000 square feet, DM Weil Gallery may be one of the largest modern art galleries in New York's Hudson Valley. Just a short drive from the center of picturesque New Paltz, DM Weil Gallery offers the look and vibe of an exclusive Soho style exhibition space, but with the majestic Shawangunk mountains as a backdrop. The eye-popping abstract creations of acclaimed painter DM Weil -- has been praised by critics and collectors alike, the gallery's mission statement remains, "Why Can't Fine Art Be Fun?".
Ottawa, Canada
“DM Weil Art Gallery A Must Visit!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 2, 2012

DM Weil is one of the most inspirational people and artists I have ever met. I first acquired one of Donna's paintings, after an impromptu invite to her studio in the Bronx during a trip to Manhattan in 2008. Since that time I have watched as Donna's career exploded onto the international scene and rightly so! Her passion and sole are so clearly portrayed in her unique art work. You can feel how her art conveys a message or an emotion that transcends all mediums. One of the most incredible aspects of Donna's art is that each time you look at her paintings you see and feel something different within the painting itself. I have never had such unique experience with any other piece of art that I own or have been exposed to. I have recently been to the new DM Weil Gallery in New Paltz NY. Having the opportunity to speak to Donna, who is always there to greet you, provides a collector or purchaser with that personal touch that emanates from Donna's sincerity, compassion and empathy for people and which is translated into her art work. A visit to the DM Weil Gallery is a must see while in New Paltz and certainly worth its weight in gold, as a day trip from Manhattan or the surrounding area!!! 5 Stars!!!

Visited January 2012

Brooklyn, New York
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“enjoyed meeting the artist”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 17, 2012

After seeing all the recommendations on tripadvisor, we decided to check out the gallery. we went in the off-season, so we had to call the gallery manager, Ken, to make an appointment. We called that morning and were able to come in just an hour later, which was really convenient. We really enjoyed viewing the art and had the unique opportunity to speak with the artist about her work. We stayed much longer than expected. Donna and Ken were so warm and hospitable. Definitely worth checking out.

Visited December 2011
Gardiner, New York
“Unexpected Pleasure”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 16, 2012

The Gallery was outstanding and the manager very informative, As for thr ART
OUTSTANDING!!! A must see if leaving or traveling into this area. Worth the
ride for near or FAR!!!!

Visited January 2012
Poughkeepsie, New York
“Changed my opinion of modern art”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 9, 2012

My husband and I stopped into the gallery back in August and I was blown away! I loved the art work, there is so much energy coming from it. We also had a chance to spend some time talking with the artist about her work. It was a great way to spend the afternoon and I look forward to visiting again this year.

Visited August 2011
Poughkeepsie, New York
“Great Gallery, fantastic art, the paintings take your breath away, a must see”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 9, 2012

My wife and I went in August and really liked what we saw. The art work is simply "eye opening" and very refreshing. They really made you think and appreciate what you were looking at. Getting to meet Donna was also really great, it allowed us to better understand the art work. This is really a "must see" space. I even went back in December and bought a "Giclee" of one her pieces for my wife. It looks fantastic in our dining room.

Visited December 2011