“Delicious Noodles!”

Gomen Kudasai
Ranked #29 of 101 Restaurants in New Paltz
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Description: "Umami" is a flavor that found in many Japanese dishes which deepers and rounds out the taste. This leaves a deep sense of satisfaction. Prior to opening Gomen-Kudasai, I have developed my original "Kaeshi" Mother Sauce. Our "Kaeshi" fermentation takes 6 months before going into our broth and finally into your bowl of noodle soup full of "Umami" and incredible healing power. Thanks to our true Umami, all of our dishes are served to you MSG-FREE. Kazuma and I would like to share our belief of "E-Shoku-Doh-Gen: Food is the Best Medicine" through our noodle soup. Please enjoy noodling with us!
Reviewed December 8, 2013

I love the food. I go through days of absolute longing for noodles! I love the soba noodle soup and the stir fry. Really delicious salmon as well. And the green tea latte is a great pairing. Yummy!

Reviewed June 24, 2013 via mobile

Saturday night was packed.. The place isn't very big, but the food we ordered was delicious and good for you. They can do gluten-free dishes (mung bean and sweet potato noodle), but ask to speak with owner to prevent cross contamination. We are glad we did because my highly sensitive fiancée enjoyed her meal and did not have any gluten reaction. Personally, I fell in love with their miso soup... No MSG, homemade, lots of veggies, not too salty...perfect. My daughter totally enjoyed the rice balls. They had live music on Saturday night which was lots of fun. If more than 4 people, I suggest making a reservation on the weekends. We will be returning soon!

Reviewed May 28, 2013

Gomen Kudasai is a small place located in a strip mall in New Paltz, NY. Our waiter was attentive and helpful. Our party of four shared edamame, two udon dishes, tempura, and a cold soba noodle plate. The owner even stopped by to demonstrate the proper technique for eating the soba. All of the food was fresh, well-prepared and tasty. The udon had wonderful texture and flavor, and the tempura was perfectly cooked and not at all greasy as it can be sometimes. For desert we could not resist the green tea ice cream. This, too, was excellent, with the assertive bitterness of the tea complementing the smooth texture of the ice cream.

Reviewed May 14, 2013

I have followed this establishment over two locations and love it every time. The food is fresh, the service is frequently good, and the decor is inspired. I love the Tatsu'tage bento box and appetizer and can't get enough of the Yaki Udon or the Wakame Udon soup. A great place to go for quality Japanese.

Reviewed April 19, 2013

Ate lunch here yesterday finally! The ramen was delicious, my husband had udon noodles with egg, plain but he kept saying how good it was. I like a bit more adventure so I had tempura and kimchee (they kindly added some kimchee to a dish that didn't have it in it). The vegetables in the tempura batter were hot, slightly al dente, and really tasty. I would like a bit more broth but there were a lot of noodles, next time I'll ask for that, less noodles, more broth. But I ate it all and will be back. The owner Youko is one of those hard-to-find enlightened people who truly enjoys speaking with all her customers, so sweet! Really lovely place.