“Excellent......Period”

Ranked #64 of 97 Restaurants in New Paltz
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Seating
Description: We offer a large selection of delectable North & South Indian cuisine, all fresh & made in-house from the finest ingredients including local & organic. Relax in a beautiful, calm atmosphere, with soothing music and your choice of regular seating or Indian style cushioned platform booths. Free-range chicken, wild shrimp, vegetarian, vegan. 95% gluten free. Fine wine/crafted beer. Zagat Rated. 10% Early Bird Discount. Wednesday through Sunday dinner.Hours: W-Th 5pm-9pm; Fri 5pm-10pm; Sat. 3pm-10pm; Sun. 4pm-9pm. Closed M & Tu.
South Carolina
“Excellent......Period”
Reviewed January 26, 2014

I honestly never thought to write a review of Suruchi until today. After reading the couple of absurd reviews of this place and eating at another Indian restaurant last night because we did not want to drive all the way to New Paltz I realized that was a mistake. We should have taken the ride because it is well worth it. We have been here several times and it is always excellent. Excellent service, good portions and excellent food! Suruchi is the best Indian restaurant in the area by far. Definitely worth the trip from anywhere. Excellent start to finish!

• Visited December 2013

New Paltz,NY
“Wonderful, healthy, vegan Indian dishes”
Reviewed January 15, 2014

Suruchi's has been in New Paltz for a long time and continues to serve delicious vegan dishes in a friendly, comfortable, cozy restaurant. The servings are generous and they have a great wine list. Enjoy!

Visited December 2013
New Paltz, New York, United States
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Always a pleasure”
Reviewed May 14, 2013

This place has a great atmosphere, wonderful food, fine service, and ample portions! I like to get the vegetable curry when I'm trying to save cash. The portions are so massive that for a meager sum I can get both dinner and lunch and still have enough left over to leave my server a sizable tip. The booths are comfortable and the Chicken Biryani is delicious. Garlic Naan is not to be missed. Nor is the Kheer. I thoroughly enjoy this place. It's even a value when you add organic chicken or shrimp to an entree. I'm a frequent customer!

Visited April 2013
Albany, New York
“It's Indian food, but not the best”
Reviewed May 14, 2013

I've eaten here twice -- once back when it opened and was vegetarian, and once more recently (I didn't know they started serving meat until I looked at their menu the second time I went).

My initial impression (I believe I ordered the malai kofta) was that it was good, but it was overpriced for the portion. My impression from the more recent visit (lunch buffet) is that it's okay, and still a tad overpriced.

Although it's a small place (seating for perhaps 25), I did like the booth seating option to remove shoes and sit cross-legged at the shallow table.

• Visited January 2013
middletown
“High on Chai”
Reviewed February 26, 2013

We like this restaurant because they are sensitive to gluten allergys and they serve some local and organic items. We have eaten many Indian dinners and this restaurant is authentic. Indian food with a healthy twist, not overly laden with oil. The spices and flavors really come through. The yogurt is made fresh in house. The Chia tea makes us giggle evey time. The place is always packed so book ahead, the seating can be fun!

• Visited January 2013