“Great Place”

Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed February 17, 2018 via mobile

Decided to try on Saturday night around six so called to see if took reservations. Told them four and they held table for us. Small place and filled up quickly. Staff very friendly and didn’t take long for our food. Seaweed, cucumber and avocado salads were all great. Sushi was delicious! Check very reasonable for four people so will be sure to come back since just moved to area.

1  Thank Batmanwest

Reviewed February 3, 2018

I've eaten at Hokkaido many times and always find the food wonderful. I usually get the Maki Roll Dinner--a special that starts with Miso Soup (a wonderful Miso Soup) and includes a California Roll, a Tuna Roll and a Salmon Roll. It's been a wonderful, filling dinner every time. I've tasted other rolls as well, and they've been delicious too. I'll keep returning.

Reviewed November 6, 2017 via mobile

We were passing through New Paltz and my son selected this restaurant from my TA app for us to try. We were seated right away at the sushi bar, they were packed, being it was a Sunday at dinner time. I got the mango salmon roll and I devoured it! It was very good & had amazing flavors. My son got sashimi and the men in black roll. He loooved the roll & said the sashimi was top quality. Food came out very quickly but you didn’t feel rushed. Reasonable prices and good menu, something for everyone & in everyone’s budget . We’d definitely try this place again when in the area.

Reviewed September 17, 2017 via mobile

Sushi is excellent however the Fried Rice with Salmon is addictive and the noodle soup is magic. I like the Soba Noodles. Service and atmosphere is top notch. Their green tea is sweet and ethereal. I love this place.

Reviewed September 15, 2017

I love sushi, and there are at least 3 places in town that offer Sushi, but I especially love it here. It's a very small place, but they always seem to be able to seat us. It's not cheap, but Sushi should be. I have never had a bad meal here. If you bring one of your low-grade or dull-normal friends that prefers Arches and menus with pictures, they can enjoy the Teriyaki.