Americas Best Value Inn - New Paltz
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Econo Lodge(New Paltz)
$66
Minnewaska Lodge(Gardiner)(Great Value!)
$176
$93
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewscontinental breakfastclose to townyogurtroom was cleanthruway exithot showershort drivehudson valleywater pressurefree wifilobby areamini fridgewould stay here againny
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 13, 2009

We stayed here for one night, and it was a great value. Rooms were large, immaculate, and had been recently modernized. There was a small fridge, a coffee maker, and a flat panel TV. The bed was very comfortable. Overall, we were very pleased.

Ask for a room on the parking-lot side, to avoid noise from the highway.

The Plaza Diner down the street is quite good, and also a great value!

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled as a couple
2  Thank agent1974
Reviewed July 28, 2009

Our 5th stay here! It's been totally renovated! Plazma TVs, new contemporary styled furniture, immaculate bathrooms, pillow top beds, etc. You won't be disappointed!
Irving & Sally Katz Boynton Beach, FL

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank bostonsal
Reviewed July 27, 2009

i have stayed in several of the other hotels in New Paltz before and by far this one is the cleanest, and i would defiantly return to it.
the room was very clean and the bed was super comfortable, they even gave me and extra pillow in the closet which i really didn't need but it was cool to have it.
my complaints about the hotel are minor the furniture they have while beautiful the handles all have sharp edges and while working at the desk i hurt my hand several times on it. the tv its self has this annoying blue light which glows all night long when its off, finally used that spare pillow to block it off. the breakfast was sparse, not really what i was looking for actually ended up going hungry because the food was not what i looking for. my only really major complaint is that there is no safes in the room. that is a big negative in my book, everything else can be dealt with but i travel with a lot of electronics so being able to protect them when i am not in the room is necessary for me.
i work in a hotel so i have an idea what i want to see, the check in process seemed a little ancient, but i suppose it works. the girl at the desk seemed really unfriendly too, the one i got later though was super friendly. the room layout is wonderful and so is the shower.
all in all this is my first hotel experience really on my own, and i have to say it was extremely pleasurable to stay here and if i come up this way again i think i would most likely stay in this hotel again. the negatives i listed before are not major ones, and there are more pluses in my book then negatives. if your looking for a place to stay at town pick this one, trust me it is much better then your other choices.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled solo
Reviewed July 20, 2009

It's a budget motel, for sure, but if you are looking to stay one night in New Paltz for some reason, a budget motel is what you want. The desk clerk, who was friendly and straightforward, told me this one has been run by the same family for more than 25 years, which might explain why they seem to know what they're doing. "There's a fridge in the room, inside the cupboard, but some people don't know that and don't find it," she told me. I found it and it worked. The Internet also worked, the guest laundry (right off the lobby) worked and was clean, the plumbing worked, and so on. I admit I didn't think much of the complimentary breakfast -- it was there, but mostly it was English muffins. The most difficult thing about this motel is finding the place: you get off the Thruway, make a rather difficult left turn, and then have to turn left again IMMEDIATELY onto an almost invisible little laneway. But I'd say it was worth the effort.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled solo
Reviewed March 14, 2009

We stayed for 3 nights, we had a King size bed in a non-smoking room. It was clean, it was quiet. Shower was hot, good pressure, no complaints about the room. I agree furniture didn't match, but if you worry about that then you better look at more $$$$ hotel more in the Poughkeepsie area or the mountain lodges.

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled as a couple
RobSchaller, Quality Assurance Manager at Americas Best Value Inn - New Paltz, responded to this reviewResponded March 18, 2009

Thank you for your review! Its always a pleasure to recieve a customers feedback. We always take it into serious consideration. As stated in another review, please be aware that all case goods in our guest rooms will be renovated and modernized by the end of April 09'.