“Great food, Great value”

Royal Tangra Masala
Ranked #80 of 104 Restaurants in New Hyde Park
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed December 31, 2008

My wife and I come here often when we're in the mood for good quality, flavorful food, at a great price, in a casual atmosphere. The Chinese/Indian fusion is certainly unique and the taste is unlike anything you've ever tried. We especially like the Tangra Masala Fish Fingers for an appetizer. Seasoned to perfection and consistently excellent. They offer a couple of different Indian beers and the staff is helpful in explaining the menu and making recommendations.

Reviewed February 15, 2008

Went to Royal Tangra Masala tonight to try something new and was not disappointed. We started with the Fish Fingers ($7.95), which were spicy and delicious--and not greasy at all! For the entree, I had the Chicken Tangra Masala Chop Suey ($8.95) which was full of flavor and very reasonably priced. For dessert, I had the lychee with vanilla ice cream ($3.95) and found it to be the perfect ending to the spicy meal. They lychee were fresh and tasty. For a Friday evening, I was surprised at how empty the restaurant was--and happy that we had the very attentive and pleasant wait staff mostly all to ourselves. We will be back again!