“Food and service were EXCELLENT!”
Review of Tavern 18

Tavern 18
Ranked #10 of 101 Restaurants in New Hyde Park
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Commack, New York
“Food and service were EXCELLENT!”
Reviewed January 8, 2014

We went for a early Christmas Eve celebration. I can not say enough positive things about this place, Our waiter was so pleasant and accomandating to our wants. The manager was superb. The food what more can I say but EXCELLENT... This was my first visit but my husband has been there before and highly recommendated it. We were not disappointed thats for sure. It was great.. One thing maybe a little seasonally music and more decorations would have made it so much more. Not that atmosphere would change anything but needed a little holiday spirit for myself. Cant wait to go back again!

• Visited December 2013

Huntington, New York
“Very busy...very noisy”
Reviewed September 30, 2013 via mobile

There is decent food here....but the noise level is out if control IF they are busy (which they usually are).... The steaks are particularly good and the burgers are to die for!!! Drinks are good and service usually very good.

Visited September 2013
newyouk
“One of the very best”
Reviewed December 26, 2012

The food is to die for. Been there 3 times and there is not one thing that wasn't great. We had filet mignonette, hanger,porterhouse and rack of lamb.and yes I had a bite of all four and I can not tell you which was the best because they were all great and the shrimp tempura all I can say I can not wait to go back.and the service was nice .but the best is the sauce for the steaks served on the side I asked what was in it but they told me they would have to kill me if I knew their secret. Ha Ha

• Visited December 2012
New York City, New York
“Nice brunch menu - super busy”
Reviewed November 13, 2012

We did a brunch there for 16 people. The waitstaff was pleasant and tried to be as solicitous as possible but they were clearly overwhelmed. The place was mobbed. Lots of people in a small space. Nice group of people, and three deep at the bar on a blustery afternoon on a Sunday. Food wasn't great but it wasn't bad, either. Drinks (mimosa, bloody mary) were very strong. Prices were terrific. Bread basket was excellent. My group said they'd be happy to go back again, which says a lot. I'd go back, too. See you there!

• Visited October 2012
2 Thank Deb K
New York City, New York
“Hidden treasure”
Reviewed November 9, 2011

There are not too many great restaurants in the area and once we discovered Tavern 18 we were pleasantly surprised. The atmosphere is nice and the service is always good. Have been here a few times when in the mood for a burger and beer. The bread they give to you at the table is so good - tastes like a freshly baked NYC pretzel. The food is always tasty and we always leave feeling full - a sign of a good restaurant. Will definitely be going back.

• Visited August 2011