“excellent Italian take out”
Review of Umberto's

Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed 1 week ago

I ordered Pasta Fagiola soup and it was the way I like it - thick, tomatoey with pasta. The lasagna was excellent - the sauce was amazing with just the right amount of meat. and the portion was large - my wife and I shared it.. will definetly get again.

Date of visit: October 2019
Write a reviewReviews (270)

Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

Love this place, the pizzas are great. For me is the best pizza in the world.
The Sicilian is amazing.
See you next time I come to NY.

Date of visit: October 2019
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Ordering a pizza and was told it would come in 45 minutes. I finally got it an hour and a half later. The pizza was ice cold unedible. First time ordering from Umberto's but I will definitely go back to ordering from Iavarone. Plenty of better places a New Hyde Park.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We decided to go here to get a late dinner, to our surprise, everything we ordered was delicious. Hot appetizer for 1 was good, with baked claims, eggplant, shrimp and stuffed peppers. The margherita pizza was perfectly prepared & delicious. The tortellini dish my husband had was awesome. We had a Tartufo for dessert, just as I remember it as a teenager, refreshing and delicious. The service was great. We wound up taking half of our order home. The portions were oversized.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Saturday I ordered take out from this restaurant. I asked the girl on the phone if they had gluten free pasta and she said yes. I asked her if they can make gluten free veal parmesan she said yes. So I specifically said I want gluten free veal Parmesan that has no breading, with gluten free pasta. I ordered my husband Lasagne. Make a long story short when my husband came home with the order I opened up the food I opened up the pasta and it had thin strips of chicken in it which I did not order, then I open my so-called gluten-free veal Parmesan which was breaded AND NOT GLUTEN FREE so I could not eat it. My husbands meal was right. Needless to say wIll NEVER HAVE FOOD from this restaurant again. We spent over $40 and half was not eaten. if I did not notice that the deal was ready I would have gotten deathly ill.