Ramada New Hartford
$149
Holiday Inn Utica(New Hartford)
$108
$118
$114
$131
$73
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed August 14, 2007

I have stayed at this Ramada last year. It is a convenient location for me because of family. They have made many updates to this hotel. New mattress which were much needed led way to a good night's sleep. If you have time for dinner, try the restaurant, one of the best Italian meals I have ever had! The rooms a little small, but the staff is friendly. I would definitely come back!

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled solo
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed October 22, 2006

This hotel is decidedly second-rate and generally tired and dated. The non-smoking room was clean, but had a faint residual stale odor. The bed and bedspread seemed to be new, but the blanket was tired-looking. The other furnishings--desk, chair, dresser--were in good repair but low-end. The bathroom was clean, but again, old and tired. The bathroom lighting was very poor and dark.

The dirty window looked out on a dirty parking lot, so opening the drapes just presented a lot of ugliness. The window lock was a length of grade stake cut to fit the sliding window track.

I expected better from a Ramada.

If my reservation had only been for one night, I might have stayed, but I was in town on business for the entire week, and just couldn't face the prospect of this sad, depressing room, so I decided to go to the Radisson, where I'd stayed before. It's a lot more expensive, but much more comfortable especially for an extended stay.

The staff was friendly and helpful, and my departure after less than an hour posed no problem. The desk clerk asked why I was leaving and I explained that I expected better accommodations from a Ramada. She said she would have upgraded my room if she'd known. Of course, by then, I'd made other arrangements, and the real point is that a hotel should give its guests good rooms to start with.

• Stayed: October 2006
1  Thank NLW
Reviewed June 3, 2006

I was very disappointed that this Ramada was as run-down as it was. I expected better. Holes in the blankets, a vomit smell in one hallway, and terribly outdated everything. Also horrible was the parking lot that the hotel shares with a fitness center, causing the convenient parking spaces to be crowded and too exposed.

• Stayed: June 2006
2  Thank WeekendEscape
A TripAdvisor Member
Vermont
Reviewed August 14, 2005

Dirty and run-down. The bedding was frighteningly filthy, with bloodstains on the bedspread. The beds were horribly uncomfortable. The location, while relatively convenient to the college we were visiting, was in the middle of a road construction site. The price ($139, and nonnegotiable, they said when I made reservations, although after I made the reservation, they said, "Oh, it came up as $119") was far too high for this substandard room and two-story motel with no elevator.

• Stayed: August 2005
1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed August 1, 2005

We stayed here for one night as a stopover from Niagara Falls, Canada. The rate was very good and included free breakfast in the morning. The hotel happended to be booked solid that day due to a hockey team staying overnight at the hotel. The rooms were nothing to write home about. The bathrooms were small, but the room inself was fine for a 1 or 2 night stay.

The hotel has a full service restaurant on site. So, we had dinner at the restaurant as well. The restaurant was very busy that night, so the service was a little slow. Breakfast the next morning was better than expected, especially for the rate we paid. The hotel also has a large adjacent fitness center, which we unfortunately did not have time to use.

Overall, this hotel is fine for a quick 1 or 2 night stay. I would not hesitate to stay here again on my return trip home from Canada.

• Stayed: February 2003