“Way too rushed”

Cuisines: Japanese
Good for: Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed January 27, 2013

We were out for a Saturday night meal in the dining room. The salad, which was watery, was delivered to the table along with the soup almost right away. Then came the sushi appetizer, with the drinks after that. The hot dinner plates were delivered to the table before we had a chance to eat anything else. It was one on top of the other without any time to relax and taste the food!
The soup went cold and the watery salad was left behind. We felt like we were in a whirlwind!

Reviewed January 8, 2013

My family and I went here for my 50th birthday. I had never been here before but we all wanted to try it. We sat at hibachi. It's very loud in here so if you want a quieter setting, this is definitely not the place for you. The chef we had was decent, so no
complaints there. Food was ok. The part that completely turned me off is that unbeknownst to me, my son's girlfriend had called ahead of time to tell them it was my birthday. As others have said, they came out with the drums and then had me put the paper mache head on. I wasn't crazy about that because all I kept thinking was "How many heads has this been on???" but I went along not to be a wet blanket. Then, a man came out (maybe he was the manager?) and proceeded to start to put a black hat on me and tip my head back. I told him "NO, I don't want any saki, I don't drink alcohol." He ignored me and put the hat on anyway (again, I kept thinking "How many heads has this been on??") and pulled it down over my eyes, then said that he would give me "the baby drink", which I think was lemonade. I don't really know because it ended up all over the front of my blouse. My mouth was full of the liquid and I kept waving my hand that it was enough but he kept squirting it in my mouth anyway until I almost choked. I ended up spitting it out all over my blouse and I was soaked. What happened to what the customer wanted? Customer service is everything...a customer shouldn't be forced to do something they don't want to do. We spent our hard earned money on a dinner that was totally ruined. We will not be returning here again. The only reason I'm giving it 2 stars is because the food was ok. Otherwise, for customer service, I would give 0.

Reviewed November 5, 2012

This was the perfect place for three families with their college sons to share a fun evening. We all laughed, enjoyed the theatrics and were satisfied with the food and drink.

Reviewed October 23, 2012

We have figured out the Friday rush ends at 7, so we arrived at 6:50 and had a 5 minute wait for a table. When we left at eat there was plenty of seating.

The Tum-yum soup was excellent, although my favorite is still the seafood miso soup.

I had the tuna martini which came in an interesting glass and was very filling. My companion had the vegetable sushi platter which was beautiful and tastey.

We had our favorite Mango Mushi ice-cream. A lovely rexlaed dinner that tasted good. Unfortunately no leftovers!

Reviewed September 16, 2012

We decided to eat at Mitsuba over Sumo based on the reviews and comments about the restaurant. We decided to eat sushi and sat in the back of the restaurant at the sushi bar. The wait staff was attentive but distracted. Our meal arrived at different times, which was very frustrating. For example. Miso soup should have arrived first, instead I had to ask the waiter where my soup was when our sushi arrived. The waiter seemed rushed and disorganized. We had to ask for plates for our sushi, which should have been given to us when we sat down. When the dishes were given to us they seemed dirty, The meal was delicious but the timing of our dishes made our experience disappointing. We will most likely not go back to this restaurant.