“Great authentic Italian food”
Review of Carmella's Cafe

Carmella's Cafe
Reserve with OpenTable
Carmella's Cafe is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4 of 98 Restaurants in New Hartford
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed November 23, 2012

Nice atmosphere. Family friendly. Fresh, homemade pastas! Our go-to restaurant for non-fast food near Sangertown Mall.

Reviewed November 6, 2012

Carmella's is a great place to eat, drink and socialize. the atmosphere is always lively, and the food is very good, especially the pasta which they make on-site. Everything else tastes like it's homemade, too.
Try the Margherita pizza; it's a treat, and not one that I've found in larger restaurants or pizza shops. great sauce and always the freshest cheese.
Prices are VERY reasonable and they have specials all the time (two-for-one, buy one get one half off) and happy hour drinks are two for one always.
Great service, very friendly staff.

Reviewed October 12, 2012

It was a quiet Thursday night about 8:30 (homepage says they are open til midnight) so no rush in the kitchen or the dining room. Nice surprise, still 2 for 1 drinks and appetizers. The menu is extensive and has something for everyone and I was called by the blue cheese burger...but I was not prepared to eat a HALF POUND of meat. The waitress said she would have to ask if I could get a child's size with blue cheese on it. I went for my second choice.. Grilled vegetable sandwich with dill sauce and got sweet potatoes on the side.
The waitress seemed impatient when he asked a couple of questions about the menu and suggested that we have more time. He ordered Chickarina soup, Calimari and stuffed Italian long hots. "Please bring everything together".

Soup came first and was nearly half gone by the time the rest of the food was served. There was no pepper or catsup on the table. We got those ourselves. Then came the apps. All of his food was tasty and well prepared. Even the soup was not oversalted.

My sandwich came not even lukewarm and without the dill sauce. It seemed as though the cook (not chef) had just taken the red peppers from the jar without drying or heating them and slapped them on the sandwich.

This is the 2nd time of 2 times we have been there that our experience was just OK.

Utica has always had outstanding Italian restaurants and with all the new Ethnic restaurants in the area, Carmella's needs to step it up a little.

Reviewed October 1, 2012

We have been gathering as a family for many years at Carmella's for Friday dinner. Our three boys have very different taste's and their menu allows each of them to order their favorite dinner.
The service is fast...the wait staff is friendly and the food is good. The Lobster Bisque is available only on Friday night and is my favorite! This is a family tradition which we intend to continue for many years.

Reviewed September 27, 2012

My husband and I took my mom out for her birthday about 2 years ago. It was AWFUL! The waitress was more concerned with her friends at another table and the food took an hour to get to our table (it was 3 in the afternoon and they were dead) It was cold and disgusting. When I asked to speak to a manager all he would do was apologize and say it woldnt happen again. He wouldnt even take anything off of our bill. It was terrible and I havent been back sincw.