“Tom Cavallo Restaurant-Great Food and Atmosphere”

Tom Cavallo's Restaurant
Ranked #16 of 95 Restaurants in New Hartford
Cuisines: American, Italian
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed April 20, 2013

My husband and I have eaten at Tom Cavallos for over 30 years. The food is excellent. The NYC style Pizza is so good!!! There are comfortable booths and two bars for the night life. The outdoor bar is open during the Summer. The front bar is opened all year. My husband and I go there for the pizza and italian food. The prices are reasonable. Very casual but clean and welcoming.

Reviewed March 7, 2013

Service is not good,food is just ok.The feeling is they just do not ready care about people who are not the daily group there

Reviewed February 24, 2013 via mobile

Let me explain. As locals we have eaten at many of Utica's fine restaurants. If I was going out for a nice dinner I'd leave Cavallos slightly dissapointed.

The dinner type food stuff, Chicken Parm., Spaghetti and Clam Sauce and those type meals are good but not as good as you would find elsewhere in the area.

Their sauce is okay but not great. Presentation lacks finesse and the price is pricey for a restaurant/bar family place.

Where Cavallos excells is with their Pizza and Wings. The pizza used to be inconsistent. Over the past year they have really gotten it right. Tasty, saucey and great crust.

The wings are THE BEST IN TOWN! Here you get meaty, flavorful wings made the way you want them. Move over Buffalo!

They have a bar in front with dining, a deck bar in the back and a cigar bar downstairs.

If the food-food was not so pricey it would be four stars. For Pizza and Wings it is six stars.

Nothing wrong with Cavallos. Nice place just more of a pizza/wing place than restaurant place...in my opinion.

We go often. Hope you will to.

Bon Apetite!

Reviewed January 17, 2013

Locals raved about this place so we gave it a try. It was very unfriendly. Guess they knew we weren't locals. Place was cold and dark. We never took our coats off! it was so chilly. There were a total of 6 people in the rest. yet service was slow? Not impressed at all.

Reviewed January 7, 2013

Cavalo's has been a friendly restaurant and pub for my appetite and quenching my thirst since 1972. The menu is filled with Italian dishes, pizzas and other foods. I usually get no matter what I order > A pizza or whatever > A loaf of garlic bread. Great Tasting. Juist the right butter, just the right garlic, just the right toasted. Yummy!!! The patrons are in my age group > 50 and over and 25 and over. Busy chatting away at the bar drinking their favorite brew or mixed drink.
Why am I here at my computer when I should be getting ready to go to Cavallo's for happy hour!!!