“Best around”

Georgio's Village Cafe
Ranked #1 of 95 Restaurants in New Hartford
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Romantic, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner
Reviewed August 17, 2014 via mobile

Absolutely the best Italian in the Utica area. Portions are huge, staff is friendly, and food is delicious. One of the few places that is always consistent, never have had a bad (or anything but fantastic) meal.

1  Thank kristen033

Reviewed August 16, 2014

A lovely small restaurant with very little waiting time on a Friday night. I had the shrimp scampi on eggplant. Delicious except for the canned mushrooms. Good wine, good service, nicely priced

1  Thank Sukey51
Reviewed August 14, 2014

This is another of the American Italian restaurants that cover Oneida County and serve an almost identical menu. This is a touch more formal than Cavallo's but a lot less formal than Café Canole, both of which are about 100 yards from Georgio's. You'll find the usual Utica Greens, Chicken Riggies, Chicken Francaise and fried calamari that seem to be at every American Italian place around here. The bar is fairly nice with good bartenders and a broad selection of liquor, beer and wine. It's a bit of an odd seating space and somewhat loud, so not the best for either very large parties or first time intimate dates. But it's lots of food in large portions. If you're going to go, get away from the usual and try something a bit out of the Utica box like the Chicken Cappie or the roasted half duck. Everything else is just more of the same, and more American than Italian.

1  Thank La C
Reviewed July 13, 2014

Great friendly Italian restaurant with fantastic food and great service in New Hartford. It was our first experience of Utica Greens and they were amazing; we had them as a starter but it would have done a main course. Then we had specials - haddock and scallops. Delicious! This place doesn't take reservations, but we turned up at 8pm on a Friday and had to wait 15 minutes - which was fine as they have a separate bar area with tables - and as we left, people were still queuing for tables and it closed at 10pm So good to see somewhere so popular! We'll be back next time we're in the neighborhood.

Reviewed June 30, 2014

This place doesn't take reservations and packs out, even early so be prepared. Large portions, very heavy food so if you're looking for that. I ordered my greens with just with the vegetables and no cheese, sauce etc and it was still really heavy with either butter or oils and I forgot to tell them to take off the ALL the cheese (didn't realize when I ordered it I must have forgotten to specify all cheese). It's an appetizer I ordered as my main and couldn't finish half of it plus it was still way too heavy in what they cooked it in (ordered without any sauce). The rest of the table ordered it with the works and for me it was just way too heavy(same for my boyfriend). He said his dish main dish was the same, big and heavy with cheese and sauce. So it's that kind of Italian: Large portions, Lots of cheese and sauce and inexpensive. In all fairness, it just wasn't my taste. Our friends loved it.